A MEETING OF THE CRIME & SAFETY COMMITTEE OF SEDLESCOMBE PARISH COUNCIL IS TO BE HELD ON TUESDAY 10 OCTOBER 2006 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF THE VILLAGE STARTING AT 10:00

MEMBERS

Cllr R Dellow (Chairman of the Committee), Cllr Mrs P Glew, Cllr Mrs V Wright, Cllr A Rand
Co-opted members: Mrs S Martin, Mr R Glew, Mrs J Dellow

Also invited:
Mr Craig Atkins (Orbit Housing Association)
Representative from East View and Conqueror Community Association
Inspector Warren Franklin
PCSO Peter Crotch

Agenda

C06/07.39
Apologies for absence.

C06/07.40
Minutes. To authorise the Chairman to sign the Minutes of the Meeting of the Committee held on 15/08/06.

C06/07.41
Interests. To remind members to disclose interests as they arise.

C06/07.42
To receive reports on matters arising from previous meetings as follows:

42.1
PCSO overtime. INSPECTOR FRANKLIN TO REPORT FOLLOWING PARISH COUNCIL'S REQUEST FOR RETURN OF £500 DONATION.
42.2
PCSO car marking. ACTION PCSOs/INSPECTOR FRANKLIN. INSPECTOR FRANKLIN REPORTED ON 29/09/06 THAT THECAR HAD BEEN MARKED AND THAT A PUBLICITY PHOTO WOULD BE DONE.
42.3
Special Constable advert. INSPECTOR FRANKLIN TO REPORT.
42.4
Request for ban on the consumption of intoxicating liquor in designated places in the Rother Area. ACTION SEDLESCOMBE PARISH COUNCIL. Letter from Chief Executive of Rother District Council enclosed.
42.5
Fence at East View Terrace Kickabout Area. ACTION SEDLESCOMBE PARISH COUNCIL.
42.6
East View football/basketball training. ACTION CLLR DELLOW/C ATKINS.
42.7
East View & Conqueror Association Constitution & Minutes. ACTION CRAIG ATKINS/CLERK
42.8
Production of ASBO forms. ACTION CLERK
42.9
Use of fire appliances as a crime deterrent. ACTION CLERK/CLLR MRS WRIGHT
42.10
Use of CCTV van to deter speeding through the Village and at East View to deter anti-social behaviour in the evenings. ACTION PCSOs
42.11
PCSO Surgery. ACTION PCSOs.
42.12
Speed Indicator Device Initiative. ACTION CLLR MRS GLEW
42.13
Distribution of doorstep caller flyers and checking that properties registered under the NHW system have yellow stickers. ACTION CLLR DELLOW/MR GLEW
42.14
Parish meetings with Sgt Funnell. ACTION CLERK. Copy of Clerk's e-mail appended below.
42.15
Crime reports for noticeboard. ACTION PC JAYNE CLEVERLEY. NB August 2006 report e-mailed on 23/09/06 and placed on village noticeboard (details appended below).

C06/07.43
Committee to note the Patrol Schedule for the PCSO covering Sedlescombe, Cripps Corner, Ewhurst and Staplecross villages (copied to members).

C06/07.44
PCSO report. (NB Weekly report provided by PCSO Grevett on 23/09/06 - details appended below).

C06/07.45
PCSO powers with regard to road safety violations.

C06/07.46
Report from Craig Atkins (Orbit Housing Association).

C06/07.47
Report from East View & Conqueror Community Association.

C06/07.48
East View Terrace Kickabout Area. NB All members should ensure they have read the East View Kickabout Area Appraisal Report from Ian Morris, Chairman of the East View & Conqueror Association (e-mailed to members 18/09/06; please report to Clerk if hard copy is required). Also Clerk's Report herewith. Committee to discuss issues raised.

C06/07.49
Fire and Rescue Service Home Safety Visits.

C06/07.50
To consider matters arising from the meeting of the Crime and Anti-Social Behaviour Forum held on 15/08/06 and attended by Cllr R Dellow, representing Sedlescombe Parish Council. (Minutes are appended below.)

C06/07.51
Ringmaster scheme and re-registration of NHW co-ordinators.

P Raymond
Clerk, Sedlescombe Parish Council