SPC logo
COUNCIL MEETING MINUTES

MINUTES OF THE EXTRAORDINARY MEETING OF SEDLESCOMBE PARISH COUNCIL HELD IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF SEDLESCOMBE VILLAGE HALL STARTING ON TUESDAY 29 JULY 2008, 20:00 TO 20:30

 

PRESENT: Cllr Wright (Chairman of the Council), Cllr Rand (Vice-Chairman of the Council)
Cllrs Dellow, Glew, Irwin, Martin
Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer - Mrs P Raymond

 

Line
C08/09.43 Apologies for Absence. Cllr J Mitchell (she has a personal and prejudicial interest by virtue of her being the Secretary of the Sports Association and decided, therefore, not to attend); Cllr C Wheatley, Cllr W Cameron (holiday).
C08/09.44 Interests. Cllr Dellow declared his personal interest by virtue of his membership of the Pavilion Fundraising Committee (external). In accordance with the Code of Conduct, he remained in the meeting.
C08/09.45 Public participation session. No public present.
C08/09.46Minutes of Council Meeting, 08/07/08 Minutes. RESOLVED: That the Chairman of the Council is authorised to sign the Minutes of the Meeting of the Council held on 8 July 2008.
C08/09.47Clerk's Briefing Note Appointment of Committee. The Council considered appointment of a Committee to raise funds for the new pavilion. RESOLVED: That the Parish Council should set up an executive Pavilion Fund-Raising Committee with membership of Cllrs Dellow, Wright and Rand and non-voting co-optees of Judy Torrance, Bob Harris, Paul White, Ashley Davey and Grant Burberry. The terms of reference to be: To run events on the Village Green to raise money for the proposed Sedlescombe sports pavilion.

All meetings to be open to the public and to include an item allowing members of the public to speak on matters on the agenda. The accounts will be included in the Parish Council's accounts. The quorum of the Committee to be three including one parish councillor.

The first meeting was planned for Monday 4 August 2008 at 12 noon.

C08/09.48 Pavilion Update. Cllr Rand reported that contractors started levelling the site today and that Abbey Pynford was expected to begin piling and construction of the slab next Monday, 4 August. Bird box materials would be salvaged as appropriate. Cllr Rand would investigate whether it is possible (and acceptable to Rother Planners) for the windows to be changed to UPVC as requested recently by the Sports Association. The contractor has the cards to send to the Building Inspector. Andrew Gerken has been asked to draw up the necessary contract with Steed Construction Ltd. The Clerk/RFO would inform the community through the Sedlescombe News and individual correspondence that the work has started at the sportsfield.

Cllr Rand and the Clerk/RFO will work out a schedule of when payments will be required. The Clerk/RFO confirmed that, as long as covered by the loan sanction, several loans can be obtained.

Cllr Wright had managed to obtain a further offer of £2,000 from the Sussex County Playing Fields Association and has the forms for an application to be made in due course to Awards for All (up to £10,000 for something like shower units).

   
  Chairman.......................................... Date...........................................................