-
SPC logo

COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA

TO ALL MEMBERS OF SEDLESCOMBE PARISH COUNCIL

YOU ARE HEREBY SUMMONED TO ATTEND THE MEETING OF THE SEDLESCOMBE PARISH COUNCIL TO BE HELD IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF SEDLESCOMBE VILLAGE HALL (SIDE ENTRANCE) ON
TUESDAY 8 MARCH 2011 STARTING AT 19:00

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MEETING IS OPEN TO MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC WHO MAY, AT THE CHAIRMAN'S DISCRETION, SPEAK ABOUT MATTERS ON THIS AGENDA (SEE BELOW). MATTERS RAISED WHICH ARE NOT ON THE AGENDA WILL BE INCLUDED ON A FUTURE AGENDA.
MEMBERS
Councillor Wright (Chairman of the Council), Councillor Rand (Vice-Chairman of the Council)
Councillors Glew, Marland, Martin, Mitchell, Vine-hall

Open Forum
County Councillor Jones invited to speak
District Councillor Ganly invited to speak

PCSO Demitrius Georghiou invited to speak

Line
 
C10/11.98 Apologies and reasons for absence.
C10/11.99

Interests. To receive disclosures of personal and prejudicial interests from Councillors on matters to be considered at the meeting in accordance with the adopted Code of Conduct 2007. The disclosure must include the nature of the interest.

 

If a member becomes aware, during the course of a meeting, of an interest that has not been disclosed under this item he/she must immediately disclose it. They may remain in the meeting and take part fully in discussion and voting unless the interest is prejudicial.

 

A personal interest is prejudicial if a member of the public with knowledge of the relevant facts would reasonably regard it as so significant that it is likely to prejudice a member's judgement of the public interest and it relates to a financial or regulatory matter.

 

Members are reminded to repeat the declarations when the items are announced by the Chairman.

C10/11.100 Prejudiced members' participation. Chairman to ask prejudiced members whether they wish to make representation, answer questions or give evidence to the Council with regard to items on the agenda. At the Chairman's discretion, members will be allowed to make their representations etc. at the beginning of the appropriate agenda item and to leave the meeting during the representations made by the public and the deliberations of the Committee.
C10/11.101 Public participation session. Chairman to ask any members of the public whether they wish to make representation, answer questions or give evidence with regard to items on the agenda. At the Chairman's discretion, the public will be allowed to make their representations etc. at the beginning of the appropriate agenda item, after prejudiced members' participation. The Chairman should inform the public that their names will be recorded and representations etc. minuted.
C10/11.102
Minutes. To resolve: That the Chairman of the Council is authorised to sign the Minutes of the Meeting of the Council held on 18/01/11.
C10/11.103 Minutes of Meetings of Committees
  1. Planning Committee. To Resolve: That the Minutes of the Meetings of the Planning Committee held on 18/01/11 and 08/02/11 are received.
C10/11.104 Reports from representatives. To receive reports as follows:
  1. Rother Association of Local Councils.
  2. Village Hall Trust
  3. Sports Association.
  4. Tree Warden. To note that the County Council has discontinued support for the Parish Tree Wardens Network.
  5. NHW representative
  6. Energy-saving Champion
  7. Transport representative
  8. Any other representative
C10/11.105

To receive the Clerk's Report.

  1. Qualified Registration of Sedlescombe Village Green completed.
  2. AiRS 80th Anniversary article.
  3. Rother DC e-Bulletin article.
  4. Tree Guardian article.
  5. SE Farmer letter.
  6. Parish Council quarterly deliveries.
  7. Highways Reports: to note that the following reports have been made to the Highways Department:
    1. White line repainting Stream Lane. White lining to be done in the next few weeks.
    2. Dislodged kerbstones at corner of Streetlands. Done.
    3. Broken hazard marker outside Queen's Head. Done.
  8. To note the distribution of Welcome packs.
  9. To note information re the Parish Council elections.
  10. Sedlescombe Annual Report and Directory 2011.
C10/11.106 Finance
  1. Bank Reconciliations. To approve bank reconciliations at the end of January and February 2011.
  2. Cheques. To ratify the February cheque list and approve the March 2011 cheque list.
  3. Delegation and Devolution of Services by Rother District Council to parish and town councils.
C10/11.107

Consultations. To consider the following consultations:

  1. ESCC - Review of local town and rural bus services from July 2011. Closes 11/03/2011.
C10/11.108

Aim 1 To achieve an Informed and Participating Sedlescombe Community

  1. To review latest arrangements for the 2011 Annual Assembly of the Parish Meeting to be held on Tuesday 26/04/11.
  2. To consider the results of the 2011 Sedlescombe Survey. Details e-mailed to parish councillors.
    1. Overall response. 675 forms were distributed. 69 were returned representing 138 residents, approximately 10% of the population of Sedlescombe.
    2. Budget Car Company. 51 objections plus more under "parking".
    3. Parking particularly near riverbridge and in Brede Lane opposite Brickwall Hotel and on grass verges and The Green. 44 objections.
    4. Cars in the Village. E-mail from Mr Fred Peach of Staplecross.
    5. Police response to parking problems in Sedlescombe.
    6. Reasons that more Sedlescombe schoolchildren than the local average who could walk to School, instead travel by car.
    7. Possible reinstatement of walking bus from East View Terrace.
    8. Speed of traffic. 18 objections.
    9. Road surfaces, drains, pot holes. 8 objections.
    10. Street lighting. 6 requests.
    11. Overgrown hedges. 6 objections. Also correspondence with resident.
    12. Development. 5 objections.
    13. Lack of footways. 5 comments.
    14. Litter. 5 objections. Also letter from local resident.
    15. Junction of A21 and B2244. 5 objections.
    16. Young people. 4 comments.
    17. Dog fouling. 4 objections.
    18. Parish Council. 4 comments.
    19. Recycling. 3 comments.
    20. Pestalozzi. 2 comments.
    21. Gritting. 2 comments.
    22. Businesses. 2 comments.
    23. Queen's Head. 2 comments about noise and the damaged bollard (now repaired)
    24. Police. 2 comments.
    25. Public footpaths. 2 comments.
    26. Conservation area. 1 comment.
    27. One way traffic around Green. 1 request for one way traffic.
    28. Pedestrian crossing. 1 request for a crossing.
    29. Untidy land. 1 comment.
    30. Car park in Brede lane. 1 comment about graffiti.
    31. Surgery. 1 request for different opening hours.
    32. Sign on Village Green. 1 request fro replacement.
  3. To note Rother's letter re road closures for street parties in celebration of Royal Wedding.
  4. To consider letter from Orbit Housing Association in partnership with Southern Land Services to residents of East View Terrace regarding a community allotment. Orbit has had nine positive responses and would like to explore the best options to provide this type of facility.
  5. To note that there is interest in Pestalozzi students participating in Sedlescombe's clubs and organisations on a regular basis and to consider how the Parish Council could help.
C10/11.109

Aim 2 To achieve a Safe and Healthy Sedlescombe Community

  1. To consider ESCC's offer of work by the Village Maintenance Team. Detailes e-mailed to parish councillors.
  2. Playgrounds.
    1. To consider Inspection Reports.
      1. Riverside - Spring needed on gate 1 at Riverside and spring needs tightening on gate 2.
      2. Riverside - Flooded area around first seat by tennis courts.
      3. Tennis - To note that the top of netting at tennis courts needs some clips (AR to do).
      4. Tennis - To note that there is moss in corner of courts (Languard Ltd to do).
      5. EVT - To consider what should be done about the mud ramps at East View Terrace Kickabout Area.
      6. EVT - To note that the Kickabout fence repair undertaken by Cllr Vine-Hall is holding.
      7. EVT - To consider what should be done about the rubbish (some old) at EVT kickabout.
    2. To consider the report of damage to roadway at entrance to the Riverside Playground.
  3. To note that Rother's Environmental Health Officer has visited Sedlescombe and agreed sitings for the dog exclusion, dogs on leads and clean it up signs.
  4. Crime and Safety Reports.
    1. To note reports of Sedlescombe crimes on weekly Police reports.
    2. To note the introduction of the Crime Map website.
  5. To consider the hazards of using Chinese Lanterns locally (at request of Mrs Cole of Church Hill Farm).
  6. To note the current situation regarding Sedlescombe Lift Scheme.
  7. To note two incidents of fly-tipping in Cottage Lane reported to the Police and Rother District Council.
C10/11.110

Aim 3 To help provide Amenities and Services in Sedlescombe

  1. Sportsfield
    1. Report of meeting with Sports Association Committee on 08/02/11.
    2. Garage installation.
    3. Fencing frontage of Sportsfield.
    4. Review of buildings left on Sportsfield car park.
    5. Ditch clearance including work to repair the pipe under the car park entrance.
    6. Field drainage.
    7. Use of Pestalozzi field next to Sportsfield by Sports Association for football. Information e-mailed to parish councillors separately.
    8. Extension of Sportsfield car park.
    9. Demarcation of public footpath.
    10. Dog leaflet/bag schedule.Order.
  2. Pestalozzi International Village
    1. Update after Open Afternoon on Monday 21 February.
  3. Public Car Park Brede Lane
    1. 5-year maintenance agreement with Rother District Council.
    2. Removal of graffiti.
    3. Blocked drain.
    4. Removal of tree.
  4. Public Rights of Way.
    1. Online rights of way map.
    2. Re-arrangement of Rights of Way Department at the County Council.
    3. Sedlescombe Footpath Group and first aid training update.
  5. Village Green
    1. Installation of village sign and plaque.
    2. Other work at Pumphouse and damage to roof.
    3. Demonstration pump. To record the Council's thanks to Reg Glew who has built a demonstration pump kit for use at local events.
    4. May Fayre, 30/04/11, Theme: Royal Wedding. To be held on the Village Green.
  6. Proposed installation of posts in front of Budget Car Company site. See Clerk's Briefing Note dated 03/03/11.
  7. Removal of trees in the Conservation Area. Rother's Tree Conservation Officer plans to visit the site on 04/03/11 although the matter was reported to Rother on 21/02/11 while the trees were being removed.
C10/11.111

Aim 5 To protect and enhance Sedlescombe's built and natural environment

  1. Hedge Survey. Arrangements have been made to meet Mr Challis of the Sussex Wildlife Trust on Friday 20 May at 10:00 at the village hall.
  2. Red Barn Field
    1. Removal of Heras Fencing.
    2. Replacement of boundary fence/hedge in front of School House.
    3. Unauthorised access from house into Field.
    4. Wells.
    5. Drainage.
    6. Species Lists and new webpages.
    7. Table at Annual Assembly and posters for display on site. To approve expenditure.
    8. Planting of Fruiting hedgerow courtesy of The Tree Council and volunteer labour, including schoolchildren.

Mrs Pauline J Raymond

Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer

Sedlescombe Parish Council

Woodland Cottage, Chapel Hill

Sedlescombe TN33 0QX

01424 870508

sedlescombe@freezone.co.uk

2 March 2011