SPC logo

COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA

TO ALL MEMBERS OF SEDLESCOMBE PARISH COUNCIL

YOU ARE HEREBY SUMMONED TO ATTEND THE MEETING OF THE SEDLESCOMBE PARISH COUNCIL TO BE HELD IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF SEDLESCOMBE VILLAGE HALL (SIDE ENTRANCE) ON
TUESDAY 12 JULY 2011 STARTING AT 19:00

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS MEETING IS OPEN TO MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC WHO MAY, AT THE CHAIRMAN'S DISCRETION, SPEAK ABOUT MATTERS ON THIS AGENDA (SEE BELOW). MATTERS RAISED WHICH ARE NOT ON THE AGENDA WILL BE INCLUDED ON A FUTURE AGENDA.

MEMBERS: Valerie Wright (Chairman of the Council), Jonathan Vine-Hall (Vice-Chairman of the Council)

Roy Chapman, Pauline Glew, Julian Heap, Pat Martin, Jenny Mitchell, Anthony Rand, John Reynolds,

Open Forum
County Councillor Jones invited to speak
District Councillor Ganly invited to speak

PCSO Demitrius Georghiou invited to speak

Line
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY GREEN WRITING SHOULD BE DOUBLE CLICKED TO OBTAIN SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS.
C11/12.23 Apologies and reasons for absence.
C11/12.24

Interests. To receive disclosures of personal and prejudicial interests from Councillors on matters to be considered at the meeting in accordance with the adopted Code of Conduct 2007. The disclosure must include the nature of the interest.

 

If a member becomes aware, during the course of a meeting, of an interest that has not been disclosed under this item he/she must immediately disclose it. They may remain in the meeting and take part fully in discussion and voting unless the interest is prejudicial.

 

A personal interest is prejudicial if a member of the public with knowledge of the relevant facts would reasonably regard it as so significant that it is likely to prejudice a member's judgement of the public interest and it relates to a financial or regulatory matter.

 

Members are reminded to repeat the declarations when the items are announced by the Chairman.

C11/12.25 Prejudiced members' participation. Chairman to ask prejudiced members whether they wish to make representation, answer questions or give evidence to the Council with regard to items on the agenda. At the Chairman's discretion, members will be allowed to make their representations etc. at the beginning of the appropriate agenda item and to leave the meeting during the representations made by the public and the deliberations of the Committee.
C11/12.26 Public participation session. Chairman to ask any members of the public whether they wish to make representation, answer questions or give evidence with regard to items on the agenda. At the Chairman's discretion, the public will be allowed to make their representations etc. at the beginning of the appropriate agenda item, after prejudiced members' participation. The Chairman should inform the public that their names will be recorded and representations etc. minuted.
C11/12.27
Minutes. To resolve: That the Chairman of the Council is authorised to sign the Minutes of the Meeting of the Council held on 17 May 2011.
C11/12.28 Minutes of Meetings of Committees
  1. Planning Committee. To Resolve: That the Minutes of the Meetings of the Planning Committee held on 24 May and 21 June 2011 are received.
  2. Finance Committee. To Resolve: That the Minutes of the Meeting of the Finance Committee held on 28 June 2011 are received.
  3. Emergency Committee. To Resolve: That the Minutes of the Meeting of the Emergency Committee held on 28 June 2011 are approved.
C11/12.29 Reports from representatives. To receive reports as follows:
  1. Rother Association of Local Councils. (Cllrs Glew and Wright)
  2. Village Hall Trust. (Cllr Glew)
  3. Sports Association. (Cllr Martin). Council to consider disposal of the portacabin.
  4. Tree Warden. (Cllr Martin)
  5. Transport representative. (Cllr Glew)
  6. Any other representative
C11/12.30 To receive the Clerk's Report.

  1. Declaration of Acceptance of Office. To note that Cllrs Rand and Reynolds signed their Declarations of Acceptance of Office as agreed at the last meeting.
  2. Dates of meetings. To note that an additional Finance Committee meeting had been arranged for 06/09/11 to include consideration of business remaining from the 28/06/11 agenda.
  3. July Parish Council Bulletin.
  4. Launch of the "Smugglers Trail" at Hawkhurst on 26/05/11.
  5. Councillors' Dispensation re Sedlescombe Playing Field & Recreation Ground Trust.
  6. Celebration of HM The Queen's Diamond Jubilee 2-5 June 2012. The late May bank holiday will be put back to Monday 4 June and there will be an additional Jubilee bank holiday on Tuesday 5 June. (Information from SLCC e-Newsletter). Councils are being invited to celebrate the event in some way including lighting bonfire beacons or church tower beacons.
  7. Queen Elizabeth II Fields Fund. The SITA Trust Queen Elizabeth II Fields Fund is open. It is a £1 million fund exclusively for outdoor recreational spaces in England and Wales protected as part of the Queen Elizabeth II Fields Challenge. Grants of up to £5,000 to £25,000 will be awared to projects.
  8. Rother DC economic regeneration strategy.
  9. Sedlescombe Wastewater Treatment Works. Existing works to be refurbished to improve the quality of water returning to the environment (requirements of the Environment Agency). Work to start in July 2011 and is expected to be completed by March 2012. Work will take place Monday-Friday between 0730 and 1800 and, on occasion, Saturday mornings between 0800 and 1300. A letter is being sent to residents in the area to inform them that these works are taking place.
  10. Southern Gas Networks will be carrying out gas mains replacement 04/07-12/08/11 with 3-way traffic lights at the B2244 Paygate Road junction with the C22 Chapel Hill.
  11. Junction re-alignment at the C22 Chapel Hill, in connection with works associated with the Pestalozzi International Village, is now scheduled to start in September 2011.
  12. Digital switchover pack for Parish Councils in the Meridian area.
C11/12.31 Finance
  1. Bank Reconciliations. To approve bank reconciliations at the end of May and June 2011.
  2. Cheques. To ratify the June cheque list and approve the July 2011 cheque list. 
  3. To consider closing the Barclays Bank Business Saver Account paying 0.05% interest and transferring the money to a new Co-operative Bank Guaranteed Investment Account for a 6-month period paying 1.5% interest.
  4. Power of Well-being.
    1. To resolve: That payment of £15 is authorised to SLCC-CILCA Management for the Clerk to update her AQA qualification by adding the power of well-being module.
    2. To resolve: That the Clerk is authorised to draft the required statement of intention of community engagement for approval at the September 2011 meeting.
C11/12.32

Training/Conferences

  1. Report of Three Counties Training Afternoon in Brede VH, 17/06/11 attended by 8 councillors & the Clerk.
  2. Rother Annual Parish Conference, 20/07/11, 13:45, Brede Village Hall. 4 delegates invited.
  3. East Sussex County Council Parish Conference on Economy, Transport and Environment, 16/09/11, Uckfield Civic Centre, all day.
  4. Winchelsea Emergency Planning Group, 19:00-20:30, 19/09/11.
  5. Three Counties Councillor Update and Briefing Training at Leeford Place, Whatlington, 25 and 26 November. 26 November Chairmanship Training.
C11/12.33

Magazines/newsletters. To note receipt of the following magazines/newsletters:

  1. Clerks and Councils Direct.
C11/12.34

Aim 1 To achieve an Informed and Participating Sedlescombe Community

  1. Welcome Packs.
  2. MUGA consultation. To consider what action to take. Possible ideas:
    1. Draw up a brief survey form with tick boxes for support for the availability for various sports.
      1. Establish current usage - numbers and what purpose
      2. Ask if people go outside the parish to keep fit/play sport
      3. Ask if people would do more exercise if better facilities were available in the parish
      4. Ask if they feel the courts are currently well used.
      5. Would they support the upgrade for better usage?
      6. Ask if benches/landscaping should be included
      7. Ask about floodlighting if planning permission could be obtained.
      8. Ask if people have expertise and would like to be involved in a steering group to plan the project.
    2. Have a survey form downloadable on the website.
    3. Put the survey in pub and shop etc.
    4. Visit homes near the site and speak to residents about the plans and invite them to a workshop.
    5. Contact local groups and ask them to make survey forms available at meetings and on their websites.
    6. Meet school buses with invitations to a workshop
    7. Hold a workshop with survey forms to be returned. Take photos at the event and get these in newsletters, press etc. Keep reporting back to the community on progress with the project.
    8. Offer a prize, say £50, in a draw for return of survey.
    9. Use the press in lead up to sending out questionnaires to explain the project and proposals.
    10. Use the workshop to collect information, gain support and tackle objections.
    11. Gather information for the workshop.
    12. Photomontage after the event around the Village.
C11/12.35

Aim 2 To achieve a Safe and Healthy Sedlescombe Community

  1. PCSO/Police Reports.
  2. Budget Car Company
    1. Cars for sale on the highway.
    2. Proposed hazard markers or fence in front of car lot.
    3. Waste water from car lot.
    4. Control of substances hazardous to health regulations.
    5. Emergency fire plan.
    6. Motorcycles on Powdermill driveway.
  3. Playgrounds
C11/12.36

Aim 3 To help provide Amenities and Services in Sedlescombe

  1. Footpaths and bridleways.
  2. Incorrectly-placed bus stop signs.
  3. Repair or replace bus shelter. Cllr Chapman to report.
  4. Brede Lane Car Park
    1. Alteration of the layout of the Brede Lane Car Park.
    2. Rother District Council Agency Agreement. At the last meeting a resolution was passed concerning the revised maintenance agreement (see Minute C11/12.20.4.1). However, the Rother Committee did not agree wishing a 5-year agreement with an annual payment of £295.03 and NO consumer price index annual increase.
    3. Dead tree to be removed.
 
 

Mrs P J Raymond

Clerk/Finance Officer

Sedlescombe Parish Council

06/07/11

 

Please send apologies for absence to sedlescombe@freezone.co.uk or phone 01424 870508 prior to the meeting.