MEETING ON TUESDAY 19 MARCH 2013 21:00 to 22:00
Members present - Cllrs Vine-Hall, Glew, Anson, Chapman, Eldridge, Lawrence, Mitchell, Parsons, Reynolds (ie the whole Council)
Pauline J Raymond (Clerk/RFO)
1. ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN OF THE GROUP. RESOLVED: That Cllr Vine-Hall should be Chairman of the Group.
2. INVITATIONS TO JOIN THE SNPPG. It was agreed that Lindsay Fraser should be invited to join the Group. Other people may be invited from time to time.
3. CO-ORDINATING THE DIFFERENT ASPECTS OF THE PLAN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS OF REFERENCE AS APPROVED AT THE COUNCIL MEETING. Cllr Vine-Hall gave the group a resume of what involvement would be required. The Plan is expected to be relatively straightforward as it will simply identify site allocations and consider affordable housing. Sedlescombe already has twice the average number of affordable homes in all Rother villages. However, the Plan will have to be consistent with the Core Strategy and shared ownership properties might be a sensible alternative to rented social housing. He had drafted a list of tasks as follows:
- Visions Statement. The vision statement used in the Parish Plan 2002 will be considered.
- Description of the Process - Cllr Vine-Hall
- Profile - Pauline Raymond
- Grant applications - to be allocated
- Absorbing the core strategy policies - Cllr Parsons
- Absorbing the national planning policies - Cllr Lawrence
- Consultant's Brief - Cllr Vine-Hall. It is expected that Sedlescombe will need to employ a planning consultant to help draft the plan.
- Consultation Plan. Consultation is a very important part of preparing to do the Neighbourhood Plan. A first e-mail communication had been sent to those who had registered their e-mail addresses at the parish meeting last November. An e-mail address list will be maintained and, hopefully, expanded. A "request for sites" leaflet would be included with the 2013 Annual Report and Directory deliveries. It gives a closing date of 20/05/13 for information on sites to be sent to the Clerk. Members were invited to make any additions to the leaflet in the next day or so.
- Other evidence - should be able to obtain a lot from Rother DC
- Need for any village survey - to be allocated
- Report preparation - to be allocated
- Keeping files and details for reporting on our activity - Pauline Raymond
- Street Champions - Cllr Glew.
- Cllr Reynolds offered to help with printing of colour posters.
- The timing of the completion of the Plan will have to be considered carefully and should coincide with the introduction of the Community Infrastructure Levy.
- Members will be able to talk to local residents about various sites, particularly as they deliver future Bulletins.
- Members need an area to talk to people about.
- Consideration to be given to setting a date for the first public event. The earliest is probably the first week in August 2013 but this may have to move into September in order to allow for holidays. Both the village hall and The Green will be considered.
- Website information will be developed.
- It may be necessary to look outside the current development boundary for suitable development sites.
- The sustainability of sites will need to be discussed.
- Cllr Parsons to ask Garden Society members and Clerk to ask others she is aware of if they wish to be included on the e-mail list.
- The Clerk will ask Rother for a large scale map of the parish so that members can consider sites throughout the parish at the next meeting.
- Flooding risk sites, archaeological notification sites and sites of conservation interest, sometimes called "show-stoppers", will need to be shown on the map.
4. DATE OF NEXT MEETING - 09/04/13 at 18:30.