SPC logoFull Council - Agenda

YOU ARE HEREBY SUMMONED TO ATTEND THE MEETING OF THE COUNCIL ON TUESDAY 19 MARCH 2013, COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF VILLAGE HALL FROM 19:00

MEMBERS
Chair - Cllr Jonathan Vine-Hall
Vice-Chair - Cllr Pauline Glew
Councillors Anson, Chapman, Eldridge, Lawrence, Mitchell, Parsons, Reynolds

REPORTS. It is expected that the Chairman will allow the following people, if they are present, to address the Council. Unless otherwise agreed, each person should keep their respresentation to 2-3 minutes:

1 APOLOGIES

2 INTERESTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE 2012 CODE OF CONDUCT

3 WRITTEN REQUESTS FOR DISPENSATION

4 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION RE MATTERS ON THE AGENDA AT THE CHAIRMAN'S DISCRETION. Names of the public will be recorded and representations etc minuted.

5 MINUTES. To resolve: That the Chairman is authorised to sign the Minutes of the Meeting of the Council held on 18/02/13.

6 MINUTES OF COMMITTEE MEETINGS

  1. Planning Executive Committee. To resolve: That the Minutes of the Meeting of the Planning Committee held on 08/01/13 and 12/02/13 are received.
  2. Parking & Traffic Advisory Committee. To resolve: That the Minutes of the Meeting of the Parking & Traffic Advisory Committee held on 29/01/13 are approved.

7 REPRESENTATIVES. Members should see the January 2013 Councillor Newsletter full of reports of meetings attended by parish councillors.

8 CLERK'S REPORT

  1. School/Church Easter Pageant on Village Green
  2. Notice has been received that, on 19/02/13, East Sussex County Council, South Downs National Park Authority and Brighton & Hove City Council formally adopted the Waste and Minerals Plan. Further details can be found at http://consult.eastsussex.gov.uk/portal/. The Plan will, in due course, be available in hard copy at various libraries & offices as detailed. The Authorities will now start work on preparing a Waste & Minerals Sites Plan which will allocate land for waste and minerals development.
  3. A local resident has complained to the Highways Agency about the state the layby at the A21/B2244 junction was left in following recent resurfacing work on the A21.
  4. Superfast Broadband.

9 FINANCE

  1. Approval of bank reconciliation for the end of January and February 2013
  2. Ratification of the February 2013 cheques and approval of March cheques
  3. Request for funding received from Hastings and Rother Mediation Service.

10 FOOTPATH REPORT

11 TRAINING & OTHER MEETINGS

  1. Report on Chairman Training attended by Cllrs Vine-Hall and Reynolds on 06/03/13
  2. Forthcoming Councillor Training Session in Sedlescombe to be attended by Cllrs Anson, Eldridge, Lawrence and Parsons on 21/03/13
  3. Other requests for training

12 NEIGHBOURHOOD PLANNING

  1. Cllr Vine-Hall to provide update on current funding situation and consideration of possible costs
  2. To delegate management of financing of the NH Plan to the Finance Committee. This will include employment of outside consultants.
  3. Approval of the constitution of a new "Sedlescombe Neighbourhood Plan Project Group" with membership of: Cllrs Vine-Hall, Glew, Lawrence, Mitchell, Parsons. Terms of Reference here.

13 COMMUNITY INFRASTRUCTURE LEVY (CIL)

14 COMMUNITY RIGHT TO NOMINATE AND BID FOR ASSETS OF COMMUNITY VALUE AND THE AVAILABILITY OF THE ROTHER COMMUNITY ASSET REGISTER

15 PROPOSED FLAGPOLE ON VILLAGE GREEN

16 PLAYGROUND REPORTS

  1. Moles
  2. Trees at Kickabout Area
  3. Report of dog faeces being spread on children's slide

17 ALTERNATIVE NAMES FOR PARISH COUNCILS. To consider whether the name of Sedlescombe Parish Council should be changed as allowed under Section 75 of the Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act 2007 which amended various sections of the Local Government Act 1972. The options that can be adopted are: Sedlescombe Community Council, Sedlescombe Neighbourhood Council or Sedlescombe Village Council

18 NAMES OF NEW DEVELOPMENTS IN SEDLESCOMBE

19 SEDLESCOMBE VILLAGE HALL CAR PARK -

  1. Use for cars other than users of the village hall
  2. Planting of tree in grounds of village hall

20 SEDLESCOMBE SPORTSFIELD

  1. Insurance
  2. Lease
  3. Willow planting
  4. Football Club thanks for the Parish Council's financial support towards the extended car park.
  5. Request from Sports Association/Football Club for Parish Council to assist with the cost (total cost £500 + VAT) of landscaping the grass verge of Ladybird Lane. Pestalozzi are removing scrub.
  6. Request for permission to remove small trees in and on the side of the ditch.
  7. Proposed agreement with Pestalozzi re clearance of Sporstfield ditches and spreading of spoil.
  8. Proposed mole draining of areas of the Sportsfield.

21 SEDLESCOMBE COMMUNITY SPEEDWATCH. Cllr Eldridge to update on progress to date and agreement for moving forward

22 FINAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR SEDLESCOMBE ANNUAL PARISH ASSEMBLY

Pauline J Raymond
Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer
Sedlescombe Parish Council
01424 870508
sedlescombe@freezone.co.uk

12 March 2013