MEETING ON TUESDAY 7 MAY 2013, COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF THE VILLAGE HALL, 19:00 TO 19:30
Chairman - Cllr John Reynolds
Members: Councillors Chapman, Mitchell, Parsons
Ex-officio members: Cllr J Vine-Hall (Chairman of the Council), Cllr P Glew (Vice-Chairman of the Council)
Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer: Pauline J Raymond
115 APOLOGIES. None received, all present.
116 MEMBERS' INTERESTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE 2012 CODE OF CONDUCT. None declared.
117 WRITTEN REQUESTS FOR DISPENSATION. None declared.
118 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION RE MATTERS ON THE AGENDA. No public present.
119 APPROVAL OF MINUTES. RESOLVED: THAT THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE HELD ON 26/03/13 ARE APPROVED.
120 PLANNING APPLICATIONS
- RR/2012/2398/P Spilstead Farm, Stream Lane, Sedlescombe. Remodel land to improve visibility on airstrip including new temporary access for construction traffic. Cllr Reynolds reported on his inspection.
The Parish Council had agreed on 08/01/13 to make a general comment regarding the application to raise the ground level at the Spilstead airstrip. However, since then, more information had come to light and it was RESOLVED: THAT THE PARISH COUNCIL SHOULD OPPOSE THE APPLICATION FOR THE REMODELLING OF THE LAND AT SPILSTEAD AIRSTRIP AND FOR THE ADDITIONAL NEW HAUL ROAD OFF THE A21 FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
- Local concern about the amount of spoil that will be brought on to the site - amounting to 40,000 cubic metres brought by 20-ton lorries at the rate of 30 lorries a day, Monday to Friday, over six months which will create noise, dust and disturbance for residents and seriously affect road users in the area.
- The Parish Council supports comments made by the High Weald AONB Unit concerning the result of changing the profile of the landscape which may have a major impact on the character of the site and location in the AONB.
- If the application is approved:
- the haul road must be removed at the end of the work;
- a quality test of the spoil to be brought onto the site should be introduced;
- lorries should be cleaned after dumping spoil and before re-entering the A21.
- PROPOSED BASE STATION UPGRADE OF EXISTING VODAFONE INSTALLATION AT CTIL 114429/VF 35302 SWIFT LITE CHARCOAL COMPANY, MARLEY LANE.
Although not an actual planning application, the Parish Council had been asked by Walden Telecom Ltd to give any comments to the proposal to upgrade the existing installation in Marley Lane to enhance current network coverage for Vodafone and to facilitate 3G and 4G coverage. Cllr Chapman reported on his inspection.
RESOLVED: THAT THE PARISH COUNCIL DOES NOT OBJECT TO THE PROPOSAL TO IMPROVE THE VODAFONE NETWORK COVERAGE FOR PEOPLE IN THE AREA USING MOBILE PHONES OR OTHER WIRELESS DEVICES.
121 APPEALS. None.
- RR/2012/2508/P - The Green, Sedlescombe. Erection of flagpole on Village Green. APPROVED CONDITIONAL.
- RR/2012/2500/P and RR/2012/2501/L The Dairy, Barnes Farm, Poppinghole Lane, Robertsbridge. Proposed single storey side extension to provide additional accommodation. APPROVED CONDITIONAL.
- RR/2013/182/P 1 Old Schoolmasters House, Hurst Lane, Sedlescombe. Proposed 2 storey side extension and double garage. APPROVED CONDITIONAL.
- RR/2013/209/P Site at Pestalozzi International Village, Sedlescombe. Variation of condition in respect of approved plans - amendments in relation to fenestration. APPROVED CONDITIONAL.
- RR/2013/445/P Ivy Cottage rear of, Brede Lane, Sedlescombe. Conversion of existing courtyard and storage buildings to provide extra ground and first floor accommodation comprising 1 bedroom and 1 reception room. APPROVED CONDITIONAL.
- RR/2013/365/P Ivy Cottage - rear of, Brede Lane, Sedlescombe. Construction of one x 40bedroom detached house on vacant land. APPROVED CONDITIONAL.
- RR/2013/471/P Cheyne Down Cottage, Hurst Lane, Sedlescombe. Erection to residential curtilage and erection of decking (retrospective) REFUSED
- ENF/SED/2013/107 The Ashram, Coombe Wood, Sandrock Hill, Sedlescombe. Residential Caravan No further action, no breach of planning control.
- ENF/SED/2013/152 Coombe Wood, Sandrock Hill, Sedlescombe. 2 residential caravans. Information requested 10/04/13.
- LWA BODYSHOP. No appeal against enforcement notice. On 14/04/13, Cllr Ganly confirmed that the file is with the legal department for them to commence a prosecution.
- CRAZY LANE CARAVAN PARK
- ENF/SED/2013/174 New fencing and gate at re-opened access onto Crazy Lane. Inspected by Enforcement Officer who has advised the owner that either the structure should be removed or an application submitted 23/04/13.
- ENF/SED/2013/180 Permanent residential use of caravans. Being investigated by Rother DC 26/04/13.