MEETING ON MONDAY 17 JUNE 2013 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF SEDLESCOMBE VILLAGE HALL 21:05 to 21:15
CHAIR - Cllr Glew
MEMBERS - Cllrs Anson, Eldridge, Chapman, Lawrence
EX-OFFICIO - Cllr Vine-Hall (Chairman of the Council)
CLERK/RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICER - Mrs P J Raymond
8 APOLOGIES - None, all present.
9 INTERESTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE 2012 CODE OF CONDUCT. None declared.
10 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AT CHAIRMAN'S DISCRETION RE MATTERS ON THE AGENDA. No public present.
11 MINUTES. RESOLVED: That the Minutes of the Finance Committee held on 14/05/13 are approved.
12 SEDLESCOMBE NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN COSTS. Members were provided with a statement of indicative income and expenditure.
Income - the 2013/14 Parish Council budget includes £7,500 to cover some of the Neighbourhood Plan expenses. The maximum Government grant is £7,000 which will be applied for once the Neighbourhood Plan Area has been officially approved by Rother's Cabinet.
The following costs were approved by the Committee under its delegated powers:
- Planning Consultant employment. As the employment of a Planning Consultant is expected to make up a major part of the costs, it was agreed that it will be necessary to be careful to get the consultant only to undertake essential work and to watch the expenditure carefully. The importance of the Parish Council keeping within its overall budget for the Neighbourhood Plan was acknowledged and a £6,500 cap was placed on this item. No decision made to date.
- Reply-paid postage licence (£86). Approved under Clerk's and Finance Chair's delegated powers.
- 28p second class reply for every survey returned to the Clerk's address. (1200 will be delivered to Sedlescombe residents). It is hoped that the majority will be returned into a box in the village shop.
- Professional analysis of survey forms and production of reports, charts and a verbal debrief (to meet timing schedules, part of this cost ie drafting of the survey form costing £375 plus VAT has been approved under Clerk's and Chair's delegated powers). NB Travel costs are extra. RESOLVED: That the quotation of £2,250 +VAT for a total service including analysis of questionnaires and provision of resulting reports from Linda Jones & Partners of Woodbridge, Suffolk is accepted
- Printing of the survey forms. RESOLVED: That the quotation of £658 plus VAT from Olympic Print & Design of Edenbridge, Kent for 1250 oversize A3 Survey Forms with gum strips, etc is accepted. NB An additional £750 had been included in the budget in case further analysis or reports are required.
- Exhibition costs. Costs such as hire/purchase of exhibition boards not known. Hire of the hall for two days quoted at £199.
- Other costs. Hire of the committee room for meetings approximately £175, ID badge covers for street champions ID cards (to be made by Clerk) £12. Printing of documents pre-examination and of the final plan not known.
If the Planning Consultant fees can be kept within the £6,500 cap, the £14,500 income should cover all foreseen costs.