MEETING ON TUESDAY 09/07/13 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF SEDLESCOMBE VILLAGE HALL STARTING AT 19:00
IF PRESENT, THE FOLLOWING WILL BE INVITED TO SPEAK:
County Councillor Angharad Davies
District Councillor Tony Ganly
Mrs Sue Walton, Chief Executive, Pestalozzi International Village
Mrs Marian Ham, Headteacher, Sedlescombe CE School
PCSO Demetrius Georghiou
It is expected that Malcolm Johnston, Director of Resources at Rother Distict Council will attend re devolution of services to Sedlescombe Parish Council.
28 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
29 DECLARATIONS OF INTERESTS WHETHER PERSONAL OR PERSONAL/PECUNIARY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE CURRENT CODE OF CONDUCT REGARDING MATTERS ON THE AGENDA.
30 REQUESTS RECEIVED IN WRITING FROM PARISH COUNCILLORS FOR DISPENSATION TO SPEAK REGARDING THEIR PECUNIARY INTERESTS.
- Written request received from Cllr Chapman for dispensation to allow him to participate and vote in matters concerning the Pestalozzi Village for a period of 2 years despite his pecuniary interest in the Pestalozzi Village proposed sites as owner of an adjacent site. He writes as follows: I am a member of the Sedlescombe Neighbourhood Plan Project Group which is considering various sites in Sedlescombe which might be suitable for development. I believe it is appropriate for members to be able to consider all the sites without me being excluded from consideration of the Pestalozzi Village sites which are adjacent to my property.
31 COUNCIL TO CONSIDER REQUEST FROM LINDSAY FRASER (CURRENTLY NON-VOTING MEMBER OF THE SNPPG) TO CHANGE TO A VOTING MEMBER IN ORDER TO TAKE A FULL PART, INCLUDING VOTING, IN THE DISCUSSIONS RELATING TO THE GROUP. This will have the effect of requiring her to complete an Interest Form for publication on the District Council and Parish Council websites.
TO CONSIDER LINDSAY FRASER'S WRITTEN REQUEST FOR DISPENSATION TO ALLOW HER TO SPEAK AND VOTE UNTIL MAY 2014 AT MEETINGS OF THE SNPPG DESPITE HER PECUNIARY INTEREST IN THE PROPOSED STREET FARM DEVELOPMENT AS AN OWNER OF AN ADJACENT PROPERTY.
32 7 PRINCIPLES OF PUBLIC LIFE. The Committee on Standards in Public Life has revised some of the descriptions associated with the 7 Principles of Public Life to bring them up to date and provide greater clarity. As the Parish Council's Code of Conduct 2012 was based upon these 7 principles, it is necessary for these to be formally adopted.
32 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION REGARDING MATTERS ON THE AGENDA. Names will be recorded and representations minuted.
33 MINUTES. To resolve: THAT THE CHAIRMAN OF THE COUNCIL IS AUTHORISED TO SIGN THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE COUNCIL HELD ON 14/05/13.
34 MINUTES OF COMMITTEE MEETINGS. To resolve:
- THAT THE MINUTES OF THE MEETINGS OF THE FINANCE COMMITTEE HELD ON 14/05/13,17/06/13 AND 25/06/13 ARE RECEIVED.
- THAT THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE HELD ON 28/05/13 AND 25/06/13 ARE RECEIVED.
- THAT THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE SNPPG HELD ON 17/06/13 ARE APPROVED.
- THAT THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PARKING & TRAFFIC ADVISORY COMMITTEE HELD ON 02/07/13 ARE APPROVED AND THE RECOMMENDATIONS ADOPTED.
35 TO CONSIDER MATTERS DEFERRED, BECAUSE OF LACK OF TIME, AT THE LAST COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 14/05/13
- Devolution of Services from Rother District Council
- Rother TV
- Correspondence about yellow lines
- Traffic calming request in The Street
- Damage to grass area at altered Chapel Hill/B2244 junction by cars driving over the new area. Additional hazard bollards requested to safeguard the grass area
- Size and speed of vehicles using the B2244 through village
- Altering Sedlescombe's existing speed signs to speed reactive signs
36 PARKING & TRAFFIC
- Parking & Traffic Report by Cllr Eldridge.
- To consider whether the Parking & Traffic Committee should continue or be disbanded now that the Report has been approved.
- To consider request from Mrs Ham, School Headteacher, re lines in Brede Lane Car Park.
- Speed limits in country lanes.
- Bank Reconciliation. To resolve: That the bank reconciliation at the end of June 2013 is approved.
- Cheques. To resolve: That payment of the June 2013 cheque list is ratified and the July 2013 cheque list approved.
38 TRAINING. To answer the SSALC training survey 2013
39 CLERK'S REPORT
- Purchase of latest edition of "Local Council Administration" (£60)
- Photographing Council meetings. NB Standing order q states "Photographing, recording, broadcasting or transmitting the proceedings of a meeting by any means is not permitted without the Council's consent." The Council should be aware that in June 2013 DCLG issued a paper entitled "Your council's cabinet - going to its meetings, seeing how it works" This is a guide for local people and is relevant to principal councils. It states "Councils should thus allow the filming of councillors and officers at meetings that are open to the public". New rules have also been introduced to allow social media reporting of meetings.
40 VILLAGE GREEN
- Proposed flagpole
- Damage to top Green by vehicles
41 PUBLIC PLAYING FIELD & RECREATION GROUND
- Playground inspections by councillors
- Litter and rubbish
42 EAST VIEW TERRACE KICKABOUT AREA
- Lease and resignation of Trustees
- Permission for additional gate to be installed at the car park to allow coach access
- Vandalism and access
- Fouling and hanging bags of faeces in hedges
- Police involvement in the enforcement of Dog Control Orders for fouling and dogs on leads.
45 PESTALOZZI INTERNATIONAL VILLAGE
- Closure of top gate in accordance with planning condition.
- Brede High Woods Public Management Plan 2013-18 published - to note.
- Consultation draft of the High Weald AONB Management Plan 2014-2019
47 ASSET OF COMMUNITY VALUE
48 UPDATING OF THE SEDLESCOMBE EMERGENCY PLAN 2012
Pauline J Raymond
Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer
Sedlescombe Parish Council