MEETING ON TUESDAY 09/07/13 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF THE VILLAGE HALL, 21:50 TO 22.05
Chair - Cllr J Reynolds
Members: Cllrs Chapman, Mitchell, Parsons
Ex-officio members: Cllr J Vine-Hall (Chairman of the Council), Cllr P Glew (Vice-Chairman of the Council)
Clerk/RFO: Mrs P J Raymond
21 APOLOGIES. None, all present.
22 INTERESTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE 2012 CODE OF CONDUCT. None declared.
23 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION RE MATTERS ON THE AGENDA AT THE CHAIRMAN'S DISCRETION. No public present.
24 MINUTES. RESOLVED: That the Chairman is authorised to sign the Minutes of the Meeting of the Committee held on 25/07/13.
25 PLANNING APPLICATIONS
- RR/2013/1282/T Pump Cottage, The Green, Sedlescombe TN33 0QA. Fell one large conifer. Cllr Glew reported on her inspection. RESOLVED: That the Parish Council supports an approval.
- RR/2013/1281/L Pump Cottage, The Green, Sedlescombe TN33 0QA. Proposed lean-to type extension to replace existing smaller addition to include blocking up window in Pump House. Cllr Glew reported on her inspection. RESOLVED: That the Parish Council supports an approval.
- RR/2013/1280/P Pump Cottage, The Green, Sedlescombe TN33 0QA. proposed lean-to type extension to replace existing smaller addition. Cllr Glew reported on her inspection. RESOLVED: That the Parish Council supports an approval.
26 RR/2013/876/P The Street, Car Sales Site, Sedlescombe TN33 0QB. Temporary change of use from car sales to car wash and valeting with 'in-out" drive through (six year temporary period). The Clerk reported recent correspondence with East Sussex Highways and Rother Planners regarding this application with respect to the unsuitability of the access and signage. Members were appalled to hear that the East Sussex Highways officer is satisfied that the access is satisfactory now that additional parking spaces have been included within the site for waiting vehicles. The Clerk was asked to arrange a meeting with the Officer. The application is expected to go before the August Planning Committee at Rother.
27 APPEALS. None
- RR/2013/998/P Orchard Cottage, Chapel Hill, Sedlescombe. Erection of a workshop building (part retrospective). Approved but a note had been added as follows: "In order for the building hereby permitted to be exempt from the Building Regulations, a non-material amendment application would need to be submitted to the local planning authority ensuring that the building was more than 1 metre away from the site boundary."
- Construction of eight properties at East View Terrace. The properties are due to be completed on Thursday and this week three street lights have been on leading to complaints from existing residents. The Clerk contacted the Project Manager and he had met with Cllr Mitchell that afternoon. As there are no other street lights anywhere in the parish, the Project Manager had agreed that the lights would be turned off permanently. The Clerk will try to get this confirmed in writing.
28 ENFORCEMENT. None reported