MEETING ON TUESDAY 16 JULY 2013 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF THE VILLAGE HALL STARTING AT 18:30
Chair: Cllr J Vine-Hall
Cllrs Chapman, Eldridge, Glew, Lawrence, Mitchell, Parsons, Reynolds, Lindsay Fraser (co-opted voting member)
45 Apologies. PG & RE - holiday.
46 Interests. SPC has granted dispensation up to May 2015 to members as follows:
- Cllr Vine-Hall dispensation granted to allow him to participate and vote in discussions involving possible development sites in the parish even though he owns land adjacent to one of them.
- Cllr Chapman dispensation granted to allow him to participate and vote in discussions involving possible development sites in the parish even though he is a near neighbour of the Pestalozzi International Village.
- Lindsay Fraser dispensation to allow her to participate and vote in discussions involving possible development sites in the parish even though she is a near neighbour of one of them.
Cllrs Eldridge and Glew had also been granted dispensation which has not been listed because they were absent from the meeting.
47 Minutes 07/05/13
48 Neighbourhood Plan Area approval by Rother District Council. The whole parish of Sedlescombe has been approved as the Neighbourhood Plan Area for Sedlescombe.
49 Funding. The Finance Committee of the Parish Council has been delegated to approve and monitor expenditure on the Neighbourhood Plan process. A grant of £7,000 had recently been awarded by the "Supporting Communities in Neighbourhood Planning Programme" for employment of the planning consultant. Unfortunately, the value of the grant is actually £5,650 because the £1,350 payable on the £6750 cost of the Planning Consult cannot be reclaimed. The funding is for work commencing on 11/08/13.
50 Planning Consultant. The Parish Council had approved rcoH's quote for limited assistance during the NH process for £6,750 at the rate of £500/day plus expenses, expected to be about £300.
51 Revised SHLAA. Rother has published a revised SHLAA showing Sedlescombe with 35 additional properties extra to the number already completed between 2011 and 2013, and those which are commitments having obtained planning permission. To note:
- Sites included in the SHLAA table are only those within or close to the development boundary and, that, therefore, any brownfield sites, even with enabling development, would not form part of these figures but would simply be included in the category of "windfall sites".
- Previously there was a lower figure ie 8-25 for Sedlescombe but the lower figure has been removed, retaining the upper figure only.
- Actual sites will be determined through Rother's Site Allocations Document. This is due to be adopted by Rother in July 2015. The Sedlescombe NHP is expected to be completed by March 2014 so sites will have been considered and included or excluded before then.
- The existing development boundary is expected to be adjusted.
- For the time being, prior to amendment of the development boundary, any applications outside this boundary will be refused as premature which should be upheld on appeal. However, a problem could occur if the 5-year supply of land were to flal across the District which might happen if the total number of properties increased too much.
- There will be the opportunity through the NHP process for the community to identify and argue the case for other sites which are considered by the community to be more suitable for development eg brownfield sites outside the development boundary which provide community benefit.
- Residents' survey
- Street Champions
- E-mail database
- Meetings with young people
- Estate Agents (Lindsay Fraser)
- Publicity (John Reynolds)
53 Reminder of Linda Jones Research Evening on 13/08/13
54 Preparation for display at Sedlescombe Fayre (Simon Lawrence and Jonathan Vine-Hall)
55 Preparation for exhibition to be held in Village Hall on 14-15 September
56 Preparation for exhibition to be held on Village Green on 16-18 September
57 Preparation of the Draft Neighbourhood Plan
58 Review of timetable
59 Date of next meeting - 20/08/13
Pauline J Raymond
Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer
Sedlescombe Parish Council