MEETING ON TUESDAY 13 AUGUST 2013 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF THE VILLAGE HALL 18:00 TO 19:10
PRESENT: Cllr J Vine-Hall (Chairman and Chairman of the Council), Cllr P Glew (Vice-Chairman of the Council), Cllr R Chapman, Cllr R Eldridge, Cllr S Lawrence, Cllr J Parsons, Cllr J Reynolds, Lindsay Fraser, Pauline Raymond (Parish Clerk)
Also present: Norman Kwan, Senior Planning Officer at Rother District Council, District Councillor Tony Ganly.
Special Guest: Linda Jones of Linda Jones & Partners of Woodbridge, Suffolk
60 APOLOGIES. None, all present.
61 INTERESTS. Dispensation had been granted by the Parish Council as follows:
- Cllr P Glew - dispensation granted to allow her to participate and vote in discussions involving the allotment site despite her husband being a tenant of an allotment.
- Cllr R Eldridge - dispensation granted to him to participate and vote in discussions involving the allotment site despite him being a tenant of an allotment.
- Cllr Vine-Hall - dispensation granted to allow him to participate and vote in discussions involving possible development sites in the parish even though he owns land adjacent to one of them.
- Cllr Chapman - dispensation granted to allow him to participate and vote in discussions involving possible development sites in the parish even though he is a near neighbour of the Pestalozzi International Village.
- Lindsay Fraser - dispensation to allow her to participate and vote in discussions involving possible development sites in the parish even though she is a near neighbour of one of them.
62 MINUTES. The Chairman was authorised to sign the Minutes of the Meeting of the Group held on 16/07/13.
- Young People's Surveys. Cllr Vine-Hall had previously circulated to members details of the three meetings with a total of 60 young people from Sedlescombe aged between 15 and 18 which had taken place in June and July 2013.
- Business/Employers' Survey. Lindsay Fraser reported that the list of Sedlescombe businesses had grown to 57 and members of the Group were currently visiting them all taking a specially-produced form for completion. A short timescale had been allowed for replies which were being sent to the Parish Clerk.
- Residents' Survey. 1200 forms had been delivered to individuals in the whole of the parish during July 2013. The good result of more than 50% returns was attributed to the involvement of the street champions who had raised the return rate from a third to a half.
Linda Jones was introduced to the meeting. Linda had been involved with designing the residents' survey form and had researched the results. Her PowerPoint Presentation of the results was well received. The wishes of the community which, for the most part, were clearly stated in the research, will be used to support the site selection criteria. Linda drew attention to the long list of comments which had been added to the forms by respondents. These had been typed out by her company and were shown completely anonymously. She suggested the comments should be read in conjunction with the figures produced in order to "put flesh on the bones" of the survey.
Members were given a "Site Selection August 2013" Report produced by the Parish Clerk. It shows each site that has been put forward for consideration by the landowner with available details. Cllr Vine-Hall requested that all members carefully consider the sites against the Site Criteria before next week's meeting and categorise each of them using the form provided for the purpose. The categories are as follows:
- Acceptable for development: Meets overarching principles and all criteria for sites selection.
- Marginal sites: Meets all overarching principles, but marginal on any of the additional criteria.
- Not acceptable for development: Fails to meet all overarching principles or, fails to meet any site criteria materially.
- Printing requirements. Cllr Vine-Hall and Norman Kwan had, just prior to the meeting, had a brief discussion about the printing requirements for the Exhibition to be held in the Village Hall on 14 and 15 September 2013. Cllr Vine-Hall will send an example of what is needed to Norman in the next few days.
- Other relating to the Exhibition. Further details will be provided at next week's SNPPG meeting.