MEETING ON TUESDAY 12 NOVEMBER 2013 STARTING AT 19:00
TO ALL MEMBERS OF SEDLESCOMBE PARISH COUNCIL - you are hereby summoned to attend the meeting of the Council
Chairman - Cllr J Vine-Hall, Vice-Chairman- Cllr P Glew
Councillors Anson, Chapman, Eldridge, Fraser, Lawrence, Parsons, Reynolds
IF PRESENT, THE FOLLOWING WILL BE INVITED TO SPEAK:
County Councillor Angharad Davies
District Councillor Tony Ganly
Mrs Sue Walton, Chief Executive, Pestalozzi International Village
Mrs Marian Ham, Headteacher, Sedlescombe CE School
PCSO Demetrius Georghiou
2 INTERESTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE 2012 CODE OF CONDUCT
- Requests received in writing from parish councillors for dispensation to speak regarding their pecuniary interests (to note existing dispensations relating to Cllrs Vine-Hall, Glew, Chapman, Eldridge, Fraser.
- Declarations by councillors of their interests in matters on this agenda.
3 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION RE MATTERS ON THE AGENDA AT THE CHAIRMAN'S DISCRETION. Names of the public will be recorded and representations etc minuted.
4 MINUTES. To resolve: That the Chairman is authorised to sign the Minutes of the Meeting of the Council held on 10/09/13.
5 MINUTES OF COMMITTEE MEETINGS. To resolve:
- That the Minutes of the Meetings of the Planning Committee 24/09/13, 29/10/13 are received.
- That the Minutes of the Meetings of the Neighbourhood Plan Committee 24/09/13, 22/10/13 are received.
- That the Minutes of the Meeting of the Finance Committee 15/10/13 are received.
6 RED BARN FIELD (neighbour expected to attend meeting)
- Neighbouring resident's request to purchase land to extend their curtilage.
- Result of site consultation for possible development at Red Barn Field.
7 NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
- To consider matters raised at the meeting of members of the Neighbourhood Plan Committee and the Planning Consultant on 11/11/13.
- To approve submission of the State of the Parish Report to Rother District Council with a request for consideration of whether a Strategic Environmental Assessment needs to be produced alongside the Neighbourhood Plan Pre-Submission Report.
- Bank Reconciliation. To resolve: That the bank reconciliation at the end of October 2013 is approved.
- Cheques. To resolve: That payment of the October 2013 cheque list is ratified and the November 2013 cheque list is approved. See lists here.
- Police precept. To consider whether the Parish Council should support a 3.6% increase in the Police precept (first increase for 5 years) which, according to the Police & Crime Commissioner, is required to tackle the following:
- Serious sexual offending/child exploitation.
- Cyber crime.
- Frontline Policing.
9 EAST SUSSEX PARISH & TOWN COUNCIL CONFERENCE, 18 OCTOBER 2013, ATTENDED BY CLLRS GLEW AND ELDRIDGE. To consider whether any matters require the attention of the Parish Council.
10 TRAFFIC SITUATION IN SEDLESCOMBE
- To consider Cllr Eldridge's proposals in his earlier Traffic Report including whether funding needs to be set aside in the 2014/15 budget. Please see Clerk's Briefing 8-13.
- To note that Greg Barker MP has attended a meeting at Hurst Green (07/10/13) where "agreement was reached to survey the A21 from Ticehurst Road to Silver Hill for the purposes of the introduction of a roundabout at the junction of A21/A229 and traffic lights at the junction of A21/A265 with a response from the Highways Agency to be presented in March 2014." To consider asking that the A21/B2244 junction is treated in the same way.
11 EAST SUSSEX JOINT WASTE STRATEGY 2014-2025. ESCC has launched a consultation on a new draft Waste Strategy for East Sussex. Please look at the highlighted webpage and download the "East Sussex Waste Strategy". The consultation ends on 11/12/13.
12 VILLAGE GREEN
- Proposed pond.
13 PUBLIC PLAYING FIELD & RECREATION GROUND
- Playground Reports
14 EAST VIEW TERRACE KICKABOUT AREA
- Playground Reports
- Report by Cllr P Anson.
- Approval of trustees.
- Gating off the disabled area.
- Proper signs regarding public use of the field.
- Clearance of the ditch.
- Definite proposal and plans to link the blue container and the portacabin and to make it usable for the children playing football at that end of the field.
- Separation of waste collected at the field by the Sports Association.
16 PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT IN CHURCHLAND LANE
17 OVERGROWN TREES AND HEDGES/POTHOLES
- Complaints about overgrown trees and hedges in Church Hill from Village Hall to the Parish Church on both sides of the road.
- Park Shaw hedges.
- Crazy Lane potholes.
18 FOOTPATH 33, NEW ENGLAND LANE, RICKETY STILES AND OVERGROWN PATH reported by users.
19 HELP FOR LOCAL BUSINESSES TO LINK WITH SEDLESCOMBE RESIDENTS WHO ARE LOOKING FOR WORK. To consider a proposal for the Council to support volunteers in their setting up a facebook page for this purpose.
20 REQUESTING AN INTERNET LINK AT THE VILLAGE HALL
21 MANAGEMENT OF INFORMATION. To consider what information should be released regarding parish councillors. Up to now, in accordance with a Parish Council decision, the e-mail addresses of parish councillors have not been publicised.
22 2014 ANNUAL ASSEMBLY OF THE PARISH MEETING, Tuesday 29/04/14. To consider arrangements.
23 2014 ANNUAL REPORT & DIRECTORY. To consider.
Pauline J Raymond
Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer
Sedlescombe Parish Council