MEETING ON TUESDAY 17 DECEMBER 2013 AT 18:00 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF SEDLESCOMBE VILLAGE HALL -NB 1.25 HOURS HAS BEEN ALLOCATED FOR THIS MEETING WHICH WILL BE FOLLOWED BY A MEETING OF THE SEDLESCOMBE NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN COMMITTEE
MEMBERS: Cllr R Eldridge (Chair)
Cllrs Chapman, Parsons, Vine-Hall (Chairman of the Council), Glew (Vice-Chairman of the Council)
Co-opted members: Mr Derek Wright, PCSO Demetrius Georghiou
9 COUNCILLORS' INTERESTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE 2012 CODE OF CONDUCT
10 MINUTES. To authorise the Chairman to sign the Minutes of the Meeting of the Advisory Committee held on 02/07/13.
11 PROPOSED EAST SUSSEX COUNTY COUNCIL/COMMUNITY FUNDED SCHEMES
12 EVALUATION OF THE PARISH COUNCIL'S "TOP TEN" WAYS TO IMPROVE THE TRAFFIC SITUATION IN SEDLESCOMBE FOLLOWING THE MEETING WITH BRIAN BANKS (TEAM MANAGER, ROAD SAFETY, EAST SUSSEX COUNTY COUNCIL) ON 06/12/13 AND OTHER MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES
- Speed limits in The Street, Brede Lane, The Green and rural lanes
- Speed limits are only introduced where speeds are already reasonably near to the proposed speed limite. Signs and lines expected to reduce speeds by 2mph
- Traffic calming measures such as speed humps - must be lit, not on bus route and emergency vehicle operators could object
- Other physical changes to the roads to reduce speeds
- Consideration of Beckley's traffic slowing programme
- Sedlescombe Speedwatch Campaign including obtaining a speed camera for Sedlescombe's use.
- Traffic in Brede Lane
- ESCC has agreed to install a white line on corner from The Paddock to the Queen's Head to show the edge of the carriageway
- White line already installed across Doctors' parking bay
- Parking on corners at junctions - nothing apart from double yellow lines appropriate
- Obtaining improved signage for Brede Lane Car Park
- Obtaining signing of Brickwall Hotel Car Park
- Possible parking bays.
- Traffic in The Green slip road
- Asking people currently parking in The Green over long periods during the day to use the public Brede Lane car park instead (agreed at last committee meeting but not actioned)
- Writing to all businesses outlining the parking issues and seeking their co-operation in keeping The Green available for short-term parking (agreed at last committee meeting but not actioned - could be included with the January request for business adverts for the Annual Report/Directory)
- To make recommendation to the Parish Council regarding the idea of making the traffic direction in The Green slip road changed to one-way based on recent survey of residents and businesses.
- Traffic calming, such as speed humps.
- Proposal for build-out at top of The Green and extension of footway from Queen's Head to village shop.
- Possible restricted parking time on the Village Green side of The Green slip road.
- Traffic in The Street
- Gateways on B2244 to denote start of built up area of Sedlescombe
- Request for HGV diversion to avoid Sedlescombe village. As no roads in East Sussex are ideal for HGVs, no restrictions are placed on any roads.
- How the safety of the A21/B2244 junction could be improved
- Proposal for a light-controlled pedestrian crossing on the A21 to allow safe crossing to Blackbrooks Garden Centre
13 DATE OF NEXT MEETING
Pauline J Raymond
Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer
Sedlescombe Parish Council