MEETING ON TUESDAY 28 JANUARY 2014 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF THE SEDLESCOMBE VILLAGE HALL 18:30 TO 20:00
PRESENT: Cllr J Vine-Hall (Chairman and Chairman of the Council), Cllr R Eldridge, Cllr L Fraser, Cllr J Parsons, Cllr J Reynolds, Cllr P Glew (Vice-Chairman of the Council)
Clerk/RFO: Pauline J Raymond
113 APOLOGIES. Cllrs Chapman and Lawrence.
114 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE 2012 CODE OF CONDUCT. No declarations declared.
115 DISPENSATIONS. NO DISPENSATIONS REQUESTED APART FROM THE FOLLOWING WHICH WERE NOTED:
- Cllr P Glew - dispensation granted to allow her to participate and vote in discussions involving the allotment site despite her husband being a tenant of an allotment.
- Cllr R Eldridge - dispensation granted to him to participate and vote in discussions involving the allotment site despite him being a tenant of an allotment.
- Cllr Vine-Hall - dispensation granted to allow him to participate and vote in discussions involving possible development sites in the parish even though he owns land adjacent to one of them.
- Cllr Chapman - dispensation granted to allow him to participate and vote in discussions involving possible development sites in the parish even though he is a near neighbour of the Pestalozzi International Village.
- Cllr Fraser - dispensation to allow her to participate and vote in discussions involving possible development sites in the parish even though she is a near neighbour of one of them.
116 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION. No public present.
117 MINUTES. RESOLVED: That the Chairman is authorised to sign the Minutes of the Meeting of the Neighbourhood Plan Committee held on 17/12/13.
118 RESCINDING OF RESOLUTION. It was noted that the Parish Council has agreed to rescind resolution 13/14.79 as detailed in Minute NHP Minute 106.
119 STRATEGIC ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT (SEA). The Clerk was thanked for producing the Draft SEA. Copies had been provided for members. RESOLVED: That the Draft Strategic Environmental Assessment is received.
120 SITE ASSESSMENTS. Copies had been provided for members. All sites had been thoroughly assessed against Rother and National policies. Additional relevant information, particularly regarding community benefits on offer, had been produced by landowners and included in the Draft Site Assessments. All September 2013 Exhibition Sites are included. RESOLVED: That the Parish Council receives the site assessments and notes that they will be amended with up-to-date information as received.
The Committee noted that MJH Executive Homes Ltd had recently submitted a planning application for land at Street Farm for 18 properties and had distributed flyers to local residents. Members agreed the content of a a two-sided Parish Council leaflet which would be distributed throughout the parish later this week. The planning application will be considered by the Parish Council Planning Committee on Tuesday 04/02/14.
121 COMMUNITY BENEFITS. It was noted that all sites will be expected to provide appropriate community benefits commensurate with the size of the proposed development. Landowners' current suggestions are included in the Site Assessments document and include:
- Support for continuation/expansion of existing employment on brownfield sites.
- New employment opportunities on brownfield sites.
- New tourism opportunities on brownfield sites.
- Dwellings on brownfield sites close to workplaces reducing the need to travel by car.
- Support for a heritage building including provision of car parking.
- Highways improvements.
In some instances, the detail of the community benefit will need to be decided later in the Plan period.
The Clerk had had a telephone conversation with Martin Wright of the Highways Agency about possible highways improvements on the A21. The Clerk will inform Mark Winchester of Blackbrooks about the need for additional plans. Once these have been produced, a meeting with Martin Wright will be arranged.
122 DRAFT POLICIES. Neil Homer (Planning Consultant) is drafting the site policies for the Plan. They should be received by tomorrow. They will be circulated to members for amending/approving.
Members expressed concern about one of the areas of the Village that had been approved at the last meeting for amendment of the Development Boundary and gave notice that they would at the next meeting be making a request for it to be removed from the decision regarding Development Boundary amendments.
123 NEXT STEPS
- As soon as possible, send David Marlow (Planning Strategy) a copy of the Site Policies drafted by Neil Homer, together with the Site Assessments, and allow a couple of weeks for David's comments.
- Arrange a meeting to be attended by Neil Homer and David Marlow as soon as possible thereafter.
- Aim to draft the Pre-Submission Plan by 04/03/14 ie date of meeting of the Neighbourhood Committee.
- Once approved by the Council, allow at least six weeks for consultation in accordance with the Neighbourhood Plan Regulations. The Committee agreed the consultation time should be extended to allow the Neighbourhood Plan to be discussed at the Annual Assembly of the Parish Meeting to be held on 29/04/14.
- Plan will then need updating to take account of comments received during the Pre-Submission consultation period. [It might be possible, depending on the number of comments for the Plan to be presented to the full Council for approval at its Annual Meeting on 13/05/14.]
- After approval by the Council, the Plan will be submitted to Rother who must also put the Plan for consultation for a further six weeks' period before submitting it to Examination.
124 DATE OF NEXT MEETING. 04/03/14.