MEETING ON TUESDAY 11 MARCH 2014 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF SEDLESCOMBE VILLAGE HALL FOLLOWING ON FROM THE END OF THE COUNCIL MEETING
MEMBERS: Cllr J Reynolds (Chairman)
Cllr P Anson, R Eldridge, R Chapman, J Parsons
Ex-officio members: Cllr J Vine-Hall (Chairman of the Council); Cllr P Glew (Vice-Chairman of the Council)
94 INTERESTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE 2012 CODE OF CONDUCT
95 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION RE MATTERS ON THE AGENDA AT THE CHAIRMAN'S DISCRETION
96 MINUTES. To resolve: That the Chairman of the Committee is authorised to sign the Minutes of the Meeting of the Committee held on 25/02/14.
97 PLANNING APPLICATIONS
- RR/3165/CC Felon Field, Marley Lane, Battle TN33 0RE. New East Sussex County Council Highway maintenance depot with salt barn, 10no.vehicle garages, vehicle washdown, materials storage bunkers and office/welfare facilities. NB ESCC is reconsulting the Parish Council on changes to the planning application (then numbered RR/2013/1568/C) which have resulted from the need to remove or mitigate impacts on protected species from the proposed development. These measures include a revised site plan and layout which reduces the size of the proposed depot.
ESCC will assume that the Parish Council's original comments still apply unless they are told otherwise. The Parish Council comments were as follows:
That the Parish Council supports approval but wishes to highlight the following issues of concern which are all intended to reduce the area's impact on the AONB:
- The Tree Preservation Order for this area should be enforced.
- All lights should be "down lighters" to minimise the impact on the site on the dark countryside that does not have any other street lighting in the vicinity.
- The use of green material for walls and roof mentioned in the application should be enforced to ensure better blending into the countryside.
- The retention and enhancement of tree screening.
- The regulation of surface water discharge so as not to increase risk of flooding down-stream.
- The protection of ground water and water courses from pollution risk to the satisfaction of the Environment Agency.
- RR/2014/386/P DB Earthmoving, Marley Lane, Sedlescombe. NB This is the same site as at No.97.1 above. Fell selected trees
- RR/2014/419/L Little Swailes Green Farmhouse, Compasses Lane, Swailes Green, TN32 5QU. New access staircase to new first floor bedroom and bathroom.
- RR/2014/427/P Sheredene, Hurst Lane, Sedlescombe TN33 0PE. 2-storey extensions & remodelling of existing dwelling.
- RR/2014/532/P Elthorne, Long Lane, Balcombe Green, Sedlescombe. Loft conversion including dormers, single storey extension to form entrance porch.
98 APPEAL APP/U1430/A/2213827. TEMPORARY CHANGE OF USE FROM CAR SALES TO CAR WASH AND VALETING WITH 'IN-OUT' DRIVE THROUGH (SIX YEAR TEMPORARY PERIOD) AT CAR SALES SITE, THE STREET, SEDLESCOMBE. Mr Ali Hoxha is appealing to the Planning Inspectorate in respect of the above site following refusal of planning permission by Rother District Council.
- RR/2014/46/A Sedlescombe Vineyard, Static non-illuminated painted signboard.
Pauline J Raymond
Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer
Sedlescombe Parish Council