MEETING ON TUESDAY 15 APRIL 2014 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF SEDLECOMBE VILLAGE HALL STARTING AT 18:30
TO ALL SEDLESCOMBE PARISH COUNCILLORS
ALL MINUTES FOR THE FOLLOWING COUNCIL YEAR BEGIN WITH C14/15.
2 INTERESTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE 2012 CODE OF CONDUCT
- Declarations of interest by councillors of their interests in matters on the agenda.
3 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION RE MATTERS ON THE AGENDA AT THE CHAIRMAN'S DISCRETION
4 MINUTES of COUNCIL MEETING ON 11/03/14. To authorise signature.
5 RESIGNATION OF PARISH CLERK. Council to note the resignation of the current Parish Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer/Website Manager as of 30/06/14.
6 APPROVAL OF INCREASE IN PARISH CLERK'S SALARY FROM 01/04/14 IN ACCORDANCE WITH RECOMMENDATIONS.
7 PAYMENT OF CLERK'S GRATUITY.
8 TO APPROVE REPLACEMENT OF SEDLESCOMBE PARISH COUNCIL'S "EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES POLICY" WITH A NEW POLICY ENTITLED "EQUALITY AND RECRUITMENT".
9 RECRUITMENT PROCEDURE FOR REPLACEMENT OF PARISH CLERK/RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICER/WEBSITE MANAGER
- Use of SSALC recruitment service.
- Delegation of implementation of recruitment policy to Staff committee (or other suitable name)
- Approval of terms of reference and membership of the Committee.
- Approval of Job Description and Person Specification - these documents form the basis for the selection process.
- Approval of Application Form.
- Further particulars.
- Shortlisting criteria.
- Selection panel.
- Structure of the interview.
- Final selection.
- Draft Calendar
- Wednesday 16/04/14 - publish job vacancy (Friday 25/04/14 for Battle Observer)
- Thursday 15/05/14 - closing date for applications to fill the vacancy
- Monday 19/05/15 - Shortlisting of candidates
- Tuesday-Wednesday 20 to 21/05/14 - Interviews and Selection Panel choice.
- Thursday 22/05/14-Inform chosen candidate and receive recent employer reference.
- Monday 02/06/14-Friday 27/06/14 - Handover period.
10 APPRAISAL PROCEDURE
Cllr Jonathan Vine-Hall
Sedlescombe Parish Council