MEETING ON TUESDAY 24 JUNE 2014 STARTING AFTER THE PLANNING COMMITTEE IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF THE VILLAGE HALL (THE PLANNING COMMITTEE WILL FOLLOW ON FROM THE EXTRAORDINARY COUNCIL MEETING WHICH WILL START AT 18:30)
Cllrs Anson, Chapman, Eldridge, Lawrence
Ex-officio members: Cllr J Vine-Hall (Chairman of the Council), Cllr P Glew (Vice Chairman of the Council)
All Minutes start with F14/15.
1 ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN OF THE COMMITTEE FOR THE ENSUING YEAR
4 WRITTEN REQUESTS FOR DISPENSATION
5 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION. To receive requests from the public for permission to speak on matters on the agenda with the Chairman's approval.
6 MINUTES' APPROVAL 25/03/14
7 MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES
- Internal audit of accounts
- External audit of accounts
- Dog bin emptying 2014-15
- Drainage work at Playing Field in order to safeguard the MUGA
- Removal of dead tree from river side behind the MUGA
- Community Payback work
- Church Hill siding back (summer) and removal of dead leaves (late autumn)
- Neighbourhood Plan Costs update
- Highways projects
- Restricted parking zone opposite the shop
- Extended path from pub to shop
- Brede Lane parking bays in place of grass verge
- Gateways on the village approaches
8 2014-15 BUDGET - First Quarter Review and information regarding "bad debt".
- Draft income figures to end June 2014 against budget
- Draft expenditure figures to end June 2014 against budget
9 JOBS LIST UPDATE
As well as jobs listed under "Matters arising", the following matters update the Job Report presented to the meeting of the Finance Committee on 10/12/13:
- Trustees now John Mainwood, Ashley Davey, Derek Wright.
- Pavilion to be inspected in December 2013. Various matters listed in December 2013 that should be checked.
- Disabled parking area. Gate installed across entrance.
- Sports Association to provide proper signs at entrances eg re "no cycling".
- Sports Association to replace garage doors.
- Ditch overgrown throughout Sports Association, Parish Council and Pestalozzi responsibility.
- Ladybird Lane top coat finished November 2013. Parish Council contributed £808 to builder.
- Weedkilling of surface (JV).
- Portacabin/blue container. In March, plans provided by Football Club Chairman to Council for linking the two structures and cladding. Work to be completed by end June. In mid-June, work was well underway under the Parish Council's permitted development as on Parish Council land and within permitted size. Both structures currently belong to the Parish Council. Insurance to be arranged through Sports Association or Football Club.
- Recycling to be investigated by Sports Association.
- Field next to Kester House - no progress that the Parish Council is aware of.
- A chestnut paling fence has been erected along the length of the riverbank although it is situated too close to the top of the bank to meet Environment Agency rules.
- Playing Field & Recreation Ground
- Grass to east of MUGA
- Some small deep holes in the grass.
- Work undertaken to improve drainage of water away from the MUGA.
- Inspection by Pat Martin carried out.
- Growth removed from oak on side of Powdermill driveway.
- Trees cut back from the MUGA.
- Bookings by Sedlescombe Netball Club, Staplecross School Netball Club, Nick Montague tennis coach and for a charity tournament.
- Further set of tennis lines added.
- Open tennis afternoon for all arranged for 28/06/14.
- Noticeboard on fence of MUGA to be kept up to date to inform the public of booked uses. New Clerk's contact details to be added.
- Councillors to inform Clerk after their weekly check whether the MUGA needs an application of moss/weedkiller (JV).
- Volunteer sweeping of leaves and other debris during the autumn and winter. To continue as required.
- Strimming around edges of MUGA by volunteers now required.
- As agreed, £400 p.a. for maintenance and saving for power washing and re-colouring in year 6 (fund set up) and £1500 p.a. for next resurfacing (put in fund). With the £981 repayments on the 10-year loan, the MUGA is costing the Council £2881 p.a.
- Fences and riverbank. £200 allowance in the 2014/15 budget for fence repairs. However, agreement needs to be reached to obtain quotes for the work to be funded from general funds.
- Giant hogweed. Landscape services have not undertaken the work to monitor the giant hogweed because of an error on their part. Work to comment late in June. Have requested them to provide a report when the work is done.
- Powdermill driveway. Plastic posts to be obtained from Glasdon UK and installed by volunteers.
- Equipment and furniture appears to be in good shape.
- Professional inspection to be carried out in June 2014.
- Some councillors continue to carry out a weekly inspection of the playground, MUGA as well as East View Kickabout Area.
- Grass has not been cut in accordance with the agreement with Landscape Services. Chased.
- Litter was not collected by Landscape Services or the bins emptied from 01/04/14 because of their error. To recommence end June. Invoice needs adjusting.
- Clerk's contact details on notices needs altering.
- Hedge along public footway to be trimmed in the autumn or earlier if needed.
- Bus shelter
- On inspection on 17/06/14, had not been swept.
- Damage to "no smoking" sign although still OK.
- Front of shelter will need wood preservative/paint soon.
- Village Green
- Grass cutting. Complaint had to be made that the grass was not being cut by Landscape Services weekly. Not as good a cut as last year with more grass left on the surface. Mulching mower should have been used. Bottom two parts of the Green not being cut.
- Removal of weeds around Pumphouse as required.
- Damage to lower branch of oak tree on lower Green noted on 18/06/14.
- Inspection carried out by Pat Martin.
- Noticeboard. Could do with wood preservative/paint.
- Brede Lane Car Park - for inspection.
- Seat and Litter Bin in Brede Lane, North of Springfield Cottage - for inspection.
- East View Kickabout Area
- Grass cutting for inspection.
- Notices on fence for replacement with new Clerk's contact details.
- Litter collection - not done by Landscape Services since 01/04/14 because of an error on their part. To be restarted in late June. Invoice to be amended.
- Hedge to be trimmed in autumn.
- Fence behind hedge to be repaired/replaced in accordance with covenant on land.
- Trees inspected by Pat Martin.
- Red Barn Field - to be inspected.
- Local volunteer strimmed area next to picnic table and entrances.
- Local farmer to be asked to cut and bale the field during September 2014.
- Bracken situation to be checked.
- Fruiting hedge may need clearance around base.
- Trees inspected by Pat Martin.
- Church Hill seats - to be checked.
- Grass to east of MUGA
10 PAYMENTS TO CLERK AND REPLACEMENT CLERK
11 CONSIDERATION OF THE FEASIBILITY OF A JOINT PARISH/HOUSING ASSOCIATION PROJECT TO PURCHASE A CAR FOR PCSO DEMETRIUS GEORGHIOU
12 UPDATED DOCUMENTS PUBLISHED SINCE THE LAST FINANCE MEETING
- GOVERNANCE AND ACCOUNTABILITY
- FINANCIAL REGULATIONS
13 HIGH WEALD COMMUNITY LANDSCAPE FUND. Applications invited for funding
14 REVIEW AND CONFIRMATION OF ARRANGEMENTS FOR INSURANCE COVER IN RESPECT OF ALL INSURED RISKS (Delegated by Council on 13/05/14)
15 INVENTORY OF LAND AND ASSETS INCLUDING BUILDINGS AND OFFICE EQUIPMENT (Delegated by Council on 13/05/14)
16 TO NOTE THE CLOSURE OF BATTLE BRANCH OF BARCLAYS BANK
17 DATE OF NEXT SCHEDULED MEETING. 14/10/14.
Pauline J Raymond
Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer
Sedlescombe Parish Council