MEETING ON TUESDAY 24 JUNE 2014 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF SEDLESCOMBE VILLAGE HALL, 19:00 TO 20:00
Chairman - Cllr John Reynolds
Members: Councillors Chapman, Eldridge, Anson
Ex-officio members: Cllr J Vine-Hall (Chairman of the Council), Cllr P Glew (Vice-Chairman of the Council)
Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer - Pauline J Raymond
Also present: 3 members of the public (left after Minute P14/15.22)
All Minute numbers are preceded by P14/15.
17 APOLOGY FOR ABSENCE was received from Cllr Parsons (away)
18 INTERESTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE 2012 CODE OF CONDUCT. None
19 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION RE MATTERS ON THE AGENDA AT THE CHAIRMAN'S DISCRETION. No public participation.
20 APPROVAL OF MINUTES. RESOLVED: That the Chairman is authorised to sign the Minutes of the Meeting of the Committee held on 10/06/14.
21 PLANNING APPLICATIONS
- RR/2014/1190/P Sharewood Farm, New England Lane, Sedlescombe TN33 0RP. Replacement agricultural and equestrian building. Cllr Chapman reported on his inspection. RESOLVED: That the following comments should be forwarded to Rother DC: Sedlescombe Parish Council has several concerns about this application as follows: 1) Should an agricultural assessor determine whether this size of building is needed for this size of landholding? 2) The proposed building is close to trees and they will need to be protected. 3) It will also be close to overhead power cables and it may be better if it is moved to a different position. If Rother wishes to approve the application, the building should be retained in agricultural use and commercial use should not be allowed.
- RR/2014/1289/L Sackville House, The Street, Sedlescombe TN33 0QE. Extension of existing timber framed conservatory. Cllr Eldridge reported on his inspection. RESOLVED: That the Parish Council supports approval of this application.
From 01/07/14, Rother District Council will not be sending out copies of planning applications to parish councils although they will, of course, remain available on the Rother Planning website. Councillors were pleased to receive details from Cllr Anson of alternative arrangements that will be available locally where required.
22 CURRENT APPEALS
- APPEAL NO. 2238 - RR/2013/876/P The Street Car Sales Site, Sedlescombe. Temporary change of use from car sales to car wash and valeting with 'in-out' drive through (six year temporary permission). The Clerk reported that documentation regarding appeals is now available on the Rother Planning website.
As well as Rother's Appeal Statement, a list of suggested conditions had been provided to the Inspector in case he/she is minded to allow the appeal. These include: approval for one year only; surface water drainage works to be approved in writing by Rother Planning; site not to be open for businesses on Sundays or Bank Holidays; flooding or other external means of illumination of the site to be approved in writing by Rother planning; existing fence, adjacent and parallel with the road to be retained.
The applicant's town planner has objected to not only refusal on the grounds of the impact on the living conditions of occupants of nearby residential properties, but also that neither the granting of permission for one year nor the closure of the business on Sundays and Bank Holidays would be acceptable.
The Committee also noted with concern that the Acoustics Consultant mentions the provision of a 2m high acoustic screen to provide a level of noise attenuation.
- APPEAL NO.2264 - RR/2014/147/P Brede Lane - land at, Sedlescombe. The erection of 18no. residential dwellings with associated access, car park parking and open space together with the transfer and change of use of land to be used as school playing fields. This appeal is to be decided after a public inquiry. Closing date for comments is 24/07/14.
It was noted that the Parish Council had submitted a 16-page document opposing the planning application and that, through the Neighbourhood Plan process, new issues had arisen that will need to be raised by the Parish Council at appeal. It was agreed that Cllr Vine-Hall would check whether it is feasible for the Parish Council to appoint a Planning Consultant to advise on the matter and that he should report back to next week's Extraordinary Council Meeting for approval of any expenditure required. It was also agreed that the Clerk would circulate a message highlighting the forthcoming appeal to the Sedlescombe database.
- APPEAL NO.2259 - RR/2014/532/P Elthorne, Long Lane, Balcombe Green, Sedlescombe. Loft conversion including dormers, single storey extension to form entrance porch.
- RR/2014/815/P The Candles, Battle Road, Staplecross TN32 5QU. Proposed garage. Approved with conditions.
- RR/2014/1003/P Sheredene, Hurst Lane, Sedlescombe TN33 0PE. 2-storey extensions and remodelling of existing dwelling, revised design. Approved with conditions.
- RR/2014/1007/P By the Way, Sandrock Hill, Sedlescombe TN33 0QR. Conversion of workshop/studio building to provide self-contained Holiday let and ancillary living accommodation (partly retrospective for renovation works). Refused.
- RR/2014/794/P The Dene Hurst Lane. Double garage and store with ancillary home office. This application was on last week's Rother Planning Committee agenda with a officer recommendation to approve.