MEETING ON TUESDAY 25 FEBRUARY 2014 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF THE SEDLESCOMBE VILLAGE HALL 19:50 to 20:30
PRESENT: Cllr J Vine-Hall (Chairman and Chairman of the Council), Cllr R Chapman, Cllr R Eldridge, Cllr J Parsons, Cllr J Reynolds, Cllr P Glew (Vice-Chairman of the Council)
Clerk/RFO Pauline J Raymond
125 APOLOGIES. Cllr Fraser (away). Cllr Lawrence (working).
126 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE 2012 CODE OF CONDUCT. None received.
127 DISPENSATIONS. No new dispensation requests had been requested, apart from the following that had been approved and were noted:
- Cllr P Glew - dispensation granted to allow her to participate and vote in discussions involving the allotment site despite her husband being a tenant of an allotment.
- Cllr R Eldridge - dispensation granted to him to participate and vote in discussions involving the allotment site despite him being a tenant of an allotment.
- Cllr Vine-Hall - dispensation granted to allow him to participate and vote in discussions involving possible development sites in the parish even though he owns land adjacent to one of them.
- Cllr Chapman - dispensation granted to allow him to participate and vote in discussions involving possible development sites in the parish even though he is a near neighbour of the Pestalozzi International Village.
- Cllr Fraser - not present.
128 PUBLIC PARTICIPATION AS APPROVED BY THE CHAIRMAN REGARDING MATTERS ON THE AGENDA. No public present.
129 MINUTES. The Chairman was authorised to sign the Minutes of the Meeting of the Neighbourhood Plan Committee held on 28/01/14.
130 UPDATE SINCE LAST MEETING:
- Report of Meeting with David Marlow on 21/02/14. Members of the Committee had met with Rother Planning's David Marlow and Norman Kwan on 21/02/14 to consider the Site Assessments and Draft Policies for the Plan. David had been complimentary about the documents and had been helpful with his comments.
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) - draft updated. Norman had taken away a copy (copy also e-mailed) to check that it is satisfactory.
- Site Assessments Report - draft updated. Following further assessment, Luffs Farm had had to be omitted because it failed to meet the required policies. Further minor updates still to be made on some sites and further information to be passed to David Marlow.
- Updates on sites and Sedlescombe Development Boundary.
Sunningdale and Powdermills have been removed from the flood risk zone and it is expected that the flood map will be revised.
Blackbrooks development will focus more on the importance of the housing being enabling development to expand the Centre and increase rural employment by the provision of 8 new full-time jobs, rather than the highway infrastructure benefit. The Chairman had discussed two possible routes for the proposed new footpath between Blackbrooks and the Village. Although it would be better for the path to be for cycles as well, making it suitable for cycling may have to wait until later because the route of the remainder of the path crosses several bridges. There was discussion regarding the safety of pedestrians crossing the A21 to and from the Centre but, as the Highways Agency is unwilling to agree to a roundabout because of the current lack of accidents, so the Neighbourhood Plan should rely on the current pedestrian safety record and excellent visibility. Rother would still like to see a light-controlled pedestrian crossing outside the Centre.
At the last meeting, members had given notice that they would be submitting a proposal for removal of paragraphs 1 and 3 of Minute 107. Written notice of the proposal had been received signed by Cllrs Reynolds, Vine-Hall and Glew as follows:
In accordance with Standing Order 8(l), We, the undersigned, wish to give notice of the following proposal: That the Neighbourhood Plan Committee agrees to amendment of Minute Number NHP13/14.107 by deletion of sections 1 and 3. This will have the effect of leaving the revised resolution as follows: The following area should be included within the Sedlescombe Development Boundary - Garden land to the west of Sunningdale, Gregory Walk, that will need to be within the development boundary in order for the proposed Sunningdale development to go ahead.
In accordance with the above, it was RESOLVED: That the Neighbourhood Plan Committee agrees to amendment of Minute Number NHP 13/14.107 by deletion of sections 1 and 3.
- Parish Council comments on RR/2014/147/P submitted to Rother. See Planning Committee 04/02/14.
- 2-page leaflet distributed to Sedlescombe residents regarding Planning Application RR/2014/147/P, Brede Lane - construction of 18 properties. See Planning Committee 25/02/14.
- Letter from Armstrong Rigg Planning Consultants refuting statements on the Parish Council leaflet (NB Sedlescombe's Planning Committee has already considered this letter - see 25/02/14 Minutes).
131 PRE-SUBMISSION PLAN. The Clerk was congratulated on her drafting of the Pre-Submission Neighbourhood Plan which will be passed to the Planning Consultant tomorrow. A meeting with the Planning Consultant is planned for Wednesday 5 March at 15:00. Councillors were invited to attend.
132 PLAN DELIVERY AND IMPLEMENTATION. The Committee was satisfied with the Plan Delivery and Implementation details as drafted on Page 31 of the Pre-Submission Plan.
- Publication. Details of the distribution list are to be provided by Rother Planning. The Plan will be available in electronic form plus a couple of hard copies in various places in the Village. Copies will be available to borrow and return.
- Responses. A consultation form had been drafted and members agreed it should be kept simple and on one side of A4. The Pre-Submission Plan is to be updated with paragraph numbers. Completed response forms to be returned direct to The Clerk/Councillors or to a box in the shop (with agreement from John Mainwood). Closing date 06/05/14 to allow residents to ask questions or to pick up or return a consultation form at the Annual Parish Assembly at the end of April.
- Dealing with responses. A consultation document has to be prepared detailing each comment and how it has been dealt with. Depending on the number and complexity of the forms, it may be necessary for the forms to be analysed by Linda Jones & Partners.
134 DATE OF NEXT MEETING. The date of the next meeting has yet to be arranged. The Pre-Submission Plan is expected to be approved at the Council Meeting on Tuesday 11/03/14.