MEETING ON TUESDAY 25 MARCH 2014 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF SEDLESCOMBE VILLAGE HALL STARTING AT 18:30
MEMBERS: Cllr J Reynolds (Chairman)
Cllr P Anson, R Eldridge, R Chapman, J Parsons
Ex-officio members: Cllr J Vine-Hall (Chairman of the Council); Cllr P Glew (Vice-Chairman of the Council)
101 INTERESTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE 2012 CODE OF CONDUCT
102 PUBLIC PUBLIC PARTICIPATION SESSION RE MATTERS ON THE AGENDA AT THE CHAIRMAN'S DISCRETION
103 MINUTES. To authorise the Chairman to sign the Minutes of the Meeting of the Planning Committee held on 11/03/14.
104 PLANNING APPLICATIONS
- RR/2014/367/TN Sedlescombe Village Green. Installation of new 11 metre BT pole (9m out of ground)
- RR/3165/CC AND RR/2014/473/C Felon Field, Marley Lane, Battle TN33 0RE. New East Sussex County Council Highway Maintenance Depot with salt barn, 10no. vehicle garages, vehicle washdown, materials storage bunkers and office/welfare facilities. Approved by Rother. To note ESCC report.
- RR/2013/2502/A Sedlescombe United Reformed Church, Chapel Hill, Sedlescombe. Advertisement consent for static illumination of existing Church notice board. Withdrawn.
- RR/2014/147/P Brede Lane, land at, Sedlescombe. Erection of 18no. residential dwellings with associated access, car parking and open space together with the transfer and change of use of land to be used as school playing fields. Refused at Rother Committee.
- RR/2014/161/P By the Way, Sandrock Hill, Sedlescombe. Conversion of workshop/studio building to provide self-contained holiday let and ancillary living accommodation. Refused by Rother.
- RR/2014/7/P Sedlescombe Vineyard, Cripps Corner. Formation of visitors' car parking area. Approved by Rother.
- RR/2014/386/T D B Earth Moving, Marley Lane, Sedlescombe. Works to trees subject to a Tree Preservation Order. Consent granted.
106 HARD COPIES OF PLANNING APPLICATIONS. To consider the revised process that will need to be adopted by Sedlescombe Parish Council following the receipt of information from Tim Hickling, Service Manager, Strategy and Planning, Rother District Council that, as from 01/07/14, hard copies of planning applications will no longer be sent to Town and Parish Councils. The problems that need consideration by councillors beforehand are:
- Whether to continue the current inspection by Sedlescombe parish councillors of planning application sites?
- How to deal with the more minor planning applications?
- How to deal with major planning applications?
- Whether it will be necessary to purchase additional equipment?
Pauline J Raymond
Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer
Sedlescombe Parish Council