MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 24th MARCH 2015
at 19:00 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF SEDLESCOMBE VILLAGE HALL
All Minute Numbers are preceded by C14/15.
Cllr. J. Vine-Hall (Chairman of the Council)
Cllrs. Chapman, Fraser, Glew and Parsons
Clerk/RFO: Mrs. Carol Hodgson
District Cllr. Tony Ganly
The Chairman invited the following to speak:
District Councillor Tony Ganly noted that the Secretary of State had agreed with Rother DC decision by dismissing MJH Executive Homes Ltd appeal on the Street Farm, Brede Lane development. Cllr. Ganly advised that currently Kier Environmental had called-off their strike and waste collections werecontinuing as normal.
Cllr. Anson and Brister. County Cllr. A. Davies, PCSO Demi Georghiou
200 Interests in accordance with 2012 Code of Conduct
- To note dispensations already granted to parish councillors up to May 2015.
- To receive new written requests for dispensation.
- To receive councillors' updates on their forms of declarations of interests.
- To receive councillors' declarations of interest regarding matters on the agenda.
201 Public participation session re matters on the Agenda
at the Chairman's discretion.
There were no public present.
RESOLVED: That the Chairman is authorised to sign the Minutes of the meeting held on 10-Mar-15
203 Planning Appeals - To receive any updates on the following:-
- Appeal No. 2264 - RR/2014/147/P Brede Lane - land at, Sedlescombe.
Cllr. Vine-Hall reported that The Secretary of State had upheld Rother DC's decision to refuse planning permission and dismissed the appeal. The appeal was refused on two grounds-
- Rother DC has a 5 year supply of housing and therefore there was no reason to release more land in the AONB outside the development boundary.
- Sedlescombe has a Neighbourhood Plan at a very advanced stage, granting permission would be premature and prejudice the plan making process.
204 Sedlescombe Neighbourhood Plan
- To receive and discuss any updates.
Cllr. Vine-Hall had no further updates to report as Parish Council is waiting to hear back from David Marlow - Planning Policy Manager at Rother DC to suggest a suitable date to meet and discuss through the Examiner's recommendations.
205 Annual Report and Directory 2015
- To receive the final draft
Members had received a draft copy of the booklet for review prior to the meeting. Recommended amendments had been made. Cllr. Tony Ganly isl sending through his Annual Report for inclusion and offered to help with local delivery of the Directory.
RESOLVED: Subject to the inclusion of Cllr. Ganly's report, the 2015 Annual Report and Directory will be sent to the printers the following day - 25th Mar.
206 Sedlescombe Post Office
- To discuss a response to the proposed changes by The Post Office
Parish Council had followed-up with The Village Stores for their views on the proposed changes. Parish Council had not been approached by any residents to support or object to the proposed changes.
RESOLVED: A response will not be issued by The Parish Council.
207 Village Hall
- To appoint a representative for Parish Council on the Village Hall Management Committee.
RESOLVED: Cllr. Fraser will represent Parish Council for the forthcoming year
- To receive any updates
Cllr. Parson reported that the Village Hall AGM had taken place on Thursday 18th March. New Committee Members had been appointed to replace those standing down. A new kitchen is being installed over the Easter holidays and Mark Fisher - the Village Hall Chairman had sent out an appeal to the hall users for a donation specifically towards the kitchen for extra bits and pieces. Parish Council would refer this request to the Finance Committee.
208 Reports & Questions
To receive reports and questions from Members in brief, including items for next agenda.
The parish elections in 2015 are being held on 7th May. The Nomination period for Parish Council elections begins on Monday 30th March and ends on 9th April. The Clerk advised that the relevant information would be posted onto Parish Council's website the following day. Rother DC had requested that the information was not posted too early as they were unable to accept nomination forms before 30th March. A poster had already been put on the notice board. Arrangements were in place for an entry in the Sedlescombe News.