in Committee Room 2 of Sedlescombe Village Hall
following the Finance Committee Meeting at 19:00
Present: Cllrs. Brister, Chapman, Fraser, Glew (Vice-Chairman of the Council), Parsons and Vine-Hall (Chairman of the Council).
Clerk/RFO: Mrs Carol Hodgson
Also Present: Cllr. Anson, District Cllr. Tony Ganly and Mrs. Susan Walton (Chief Executive of Pestalozzi International Village)
18 Election of Chairman to the Committee for the ensuing year
Cllr. Vine-Hall opened the meeting as Chairman of the Council and invited nominations for the position of Chairman of the Neighbourhood Plan Committee.
RESOLVED: Cllr. Vine-Hall was elected unopposed as Chairman.
Cllrs Page and Veitch
20 Interests in accordance with 2012 Code of Conduct
- To receive new written requests for dispensation.
- To receive councillors' declarations of interest regarding matters on the agenda.
21 Public participation as approved by the Chairman regarding matters on the Agenda.
There were no members of the public present.
22 To approve the minutes of the NHP meeting on 17-Feb-16
RESOLVED: That the Chairman is authorised to sign the Minutes of the meeting held on 17th February 2016
Details of all the sites had been provided to NHP Committee members previously. It was confirmed that all the Parish Councillors had been on site visits. The NHP Committee had met with David Marlow - Planning Policy Manager Strategy & Planning Service at Rother District Council - to review the sites.
RESOLVED: The Neighbourhood Plan Committee recommends to Full Council the following:
- To include all previous sites - except Blackbrooks - with appropriate proposed modifications from the Inspector on Pestalozzi, Sedlescombe Sawmills and land at St John the Baptist Church based on rCOH Ltd's (the NHP Consultant) advice.
- To include Sunningdale with net 9 houses.
- To include new evidence on Green Space - as summarised by GRF Planning.
- To include the following new sites:-
a. Church Farm adjacent to and north of the Village Hall: minimum of 12 dwellings.
b. Gate Cottage: minimum of 8 dwellings
c. Church Farm adjacent to Gate Cottage: minimum of 10 dwellings
- To include as a windfall site: the rear of the Pump House Yard to provide two houses on condition that parking be provided for the school teaching staff and a footway from the Car Park to Gammons Way both in accordance with Rother DC and East Sussex CC conditions
- To reject the proposal for Gorselands as it is a red site in the SHLAA and is not supported by Rother DC.
- To extend the settlement boundary to include the 'new sites' as well as including the garden land at Balcombe Green and the house and garden at Powdermills.
24 To discuss and agree the next stages of the Neighbourhood Plan with time scales.
Subject to approval by Full Council of the recommended sites the next stage will be to proceed with preparing a pre-submission draft plan.