PARKING & TRAFFIC COMMITTEE (Advisory)
Cllr. John Parsons
TERMS OF REFERENCE
- To quantify the parking and traffic issues -
- within the Parish
- specifically in Brede Lane in relation to the School and Doctors' Surgery
- in relation to the Sportsfield and adjacent recreational areas
- in East View Terrace
- in relation to the village shop
- in Chapel Hill
- in Cottage Lane (road leading from Sedlescombe to Westfield (especially the increase in heavy traffic)
- around The Street particularly near LWA and Kester House
- To seek the view of interested and affected parties regarding parking and traffic problems and suggested solutions.
- To discuss with the Highways Department the issues and possible solutions to identify problems.
- To quantify the effect on areas of the parish of development over the last ten years. This is increase in traffic and parking.
- To look at how the Parish Council can influence Rother District Council to include traffic calming measures will all or some planning developments.
- To make recommendations regarding future management of traffic and parking in the Village.
- To make recommendations to the Parish Council regarding all aspects of parking and traffic in the Parish.
- To present an initial outline of the study to the Parish Council at the general meeting on 18/09/12.
- To complete the study with recommendations by 08/01/13 (NB it was subsequently agreed that this date should be postponed to 19/03/13 and then 09/07/13).