MEETING ON TUESDAY 26 NOVEMBER 2013 IN COMMITTEE ROOM 2 OF THE VILLAGE HALL AT 18:30
MEMBERS - ALL SEDLESCOMBE PARISH COUNCILLORS
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TRUST HAS A MANAGEMENT AGREEMENT WITH THE PARISH COUNCIL WHEREBY THE COUNCIL WILL UNDERTAKE THE "ENTIRE CARE, MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL OF THE PLAYING FIELD AND MAINTENANCE OF THE PLAYING FIELD AS THE TRUST HAS LIMITED FUNDS"
Chairman - Cllr Simon Lawrence; Secretary Mrs Pauline Raymond
13 MINUTES. To resolve That the Minutes of the Meeting of the Trust held on 10/09/13 are approved.
- To note the completion of the MUGA and the final costs arranged by the Parish Council.
- To note Opening of the MUGA on 28/09/13.
- To note current uses of the MUGA and the income from them.
- To note request from tennis coach for consideration to be given to painting a set of tennis lines on the second half of the MUGA. May need referral to the Parish Council.
15 CHARITABLE SCHEME. To note that the Public Playing Field and Recreation Ground Scheme was made on 26/08/1971 in the name of the sole Trustee, Sedlescombe Parish Council. See here for details.
16 MANAGEMENT AGREEMENT. To note that the Trust has a Management Agreement with the Parish Council whereby the Council will undertake the "entire care, management and control of the Playing Field and maintenance of the Playing Field as the Trust has limited funds". See here for details.
17 DESIGNATIONS. To note that the Trust Land is designated as follows:
- Entirely within the High Weald AONB
- Entirely within the Sedlescombe Conservation Area
- Almost entirely within the Flood Zone 2 August 2012
- Entirely within the Brede Valley Site of Nature Conservation Importance
There is a vehicular and pedestrian right of way to the land from the B2244.
There is a public footpath north of the site.
18 FUTURE USES OF THE TRUST LAND. The Parish Council has asked the Trust to consider future uses of the land. Please note that any future uses can only be for the benefit of the Trust and not for Parish Council purposes. The following are some suggestions:
- Whole of Trust land -
- To agree to the Parish Council designating it as a "greenspace" open to the public in the Sedlescombe Neighbourhood Plan.
- Grassed area in front of the MUGA-
- Drainage and installation of Mini-kickers football pitch with fence to safeguard children from running onto the driveway
- Skateboard ramp
- Adult gym equipment
- Grass area in front of Play Area
- Adult gym equipment
- Play Area
- Continue as children's playground
- Add new equipment
Pauline J Raymond
Secretary, Public Playing Field & Recreation Ground